Character Mobility

I think it’s a good idea that the character can use both hands to shoot, and I thought it would be nice if you could also use one hand to attack and use the other to heal or use the radio to ask your partner for help.

how would you control both hands simultaneously?

for example if you want to apply a bandage, you take it out and it will automatically be put on the hand you have free and while you shoot with the mouse with the key you put the bandage

that bandage application wont be very good if you’re trying to apply it with one hand.

2 Likes

Well, it is possible to apply a bandage with one hand.

I just don’t think you’re going to be able to put it on very quickly.

is an example of what you could do with items like injecting morphine or using a flashlight etc

you’re very right, but I’m sure this feature would help us when it comes to PVP

“Character Mobility”

post is about being able to shoot while doing other things

1 Like

I think multi-tasking should only apply to one-handed weapons (e.g. Knife & pistol). Not because your idea sounds silly, but for balancing reasons to force you to disarm yourself to heal while in combat.

An alternative idea would be a ‘Quick heal’ hotkey that makes you automatically equip and use up a healing item before switching back to your previously held item. Either automatic (e.g. Chooses the best medicine) or manually assigned.

7 Likes

then I won’t be able to akimbo m249 rambo style wtf

1 Like

you’re not going to use a machine gun while you’re healing, that would be impossible, but if you could use an m9

In fact the last thing you said about a hot key was what I had in mind because when you carried a gun you would just pull out the item and heal.

I like the idea of using both hands to do more than one function, that’s cool, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to shoot while healing. Maybe use the radio to the fullest, but cure yourself, no.

1 Like

Well, the idea is that you can use both hands, not just to shoot and heal.

Dual wielding weapons is already confirmed and there is partial support for it already in UII. For instance, you will be able to wield a revolver in one hand and a knife in the other - presumably with some debuffs such as shooting accuracy involved.

As for consumables, I must concur with what others have said; for balance reasons, you should not be able to use a weapon while simultaneously using a consumable such as a medical or food item. @Yarrrr’s alternative binding method for medical items makes the most sense IMO - it’s already employed by games such as Escape From Tarkov quite successfully.

cool idea, time for ven diegram

pros

• you can now eat beans while shooting bears
  • heal while pvp
  • epic
  • 2 gun

cons

• people will kill me
  • 2 gun is kill me too
  • fugck
  • op
  • why do guy have 2 dragonfang hlelp
  • always get kil by man with 2 maplestronk
  • unbalance
  • easy heal, pvp advantag
  • if u hav more medkit u win basicly

overall not very cool or good sory

I’m sure most of those points will not be a thing (ie 2 dragonfangs. You would only be able to dual wield smaller weapons like knife and pistol)
Also like GHJ said, dual wielding is confirmed already

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.