Crash after begin

When my unturned finish the load my game crash
I tried to verify game cache, delete the logs and reinstall

Have you tried turning it on and off?

If so, repeat the steps you’ve already taken and under no circumstances should you resort to percussive maintenance.

Turn it on and off what?

The first step of fixing any computer-related problem is to turn your computer on and off.

1 Like

or you could…
you know…

Factory Reset

Or you could, you know, not do that.

1 Like

Is this the same issue you were having before? What are your computer’s specifications since you mentioned you had memory issues in the other thread.

1 Like

I would imagine it’s crashing for the same reason you mentioned on another thread

What are your computer specs? What does the crash log say?

1 Like

Intel HD 2000
Intel G440 1.60 GHz
Memory: 2 GB (1.89 Useful)
And the crash file say is a memory access violation

I’m amazed if you were able to play the game anytime recently. That’s a fairly old and weak machine to be gaming with. @MoltonMontro any experience with memory access violations?

The problem started when i updated to windows 10, in windows 7 works fine

0xc0000005 errors (the error code associated with memory access violations) can occur for a few different reasons, and faulty RAM could be the cause of the error.

Given your computer specs to begin with, really my suggestion is to just upgrade when it’s convenient to do so, as you’re going to struggle to reliably run the game with a 32-bit, 2 GB RAM system. Typically the hardware fix would be to just replace the RAM (if it’s faulty or damaged), but in this case it’d make more sense to just have a newer system.

However, I’ll list off some things you can try doing to potentially resolve the issue.

1. Make sure your OS and drivers are up-to-date.

2. Close all other background applications before launching the game.

3. Temporarily disable your anti-virus.

4. Check for corrupted Windows system files via the SFC utility. System File Checker (SFC) is a Windows utility that scans for corrupted OS files. If it finds a problem, it’ll attempt to replace problematic files from a cached version.

• You can run SFC by: running Command Prompt as administrator. Typing sfc /scannow. If SFC finds and replaces corrupted files, restart your PC afterwards.
1 Like

I tried all and nothing happens

Recap

That’s unfortunate, but believable and just about what I expected. Let’s recap on what’s happened, just so we’re all on the same page:

• The issues began after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

• You have a 32-bit Windows 10 OS running on 2 GB RAM, with an integrated Intel GPU (from ~2011) and a discontinued Intel processor (from ~2011).

• You’ve verified game cache, reinstalled the game, deleted log files, updated your OS and hardware drivers, temporarily disabled your anti-virus, closed all other background applications, and ran the SFC utility.

• The “Carpat crash” thread, and this thread, are both issues occuring related to memory issues.

Basic Suggestions

I don’t think it’s likely you’ll find a fix, but here’s some more information and things you could try doing before having to resign to the “spend money” route.

• Try running Steam.exe as an administrator. Try running Steam in compatibility mode.

• Try running Unturned_BE.exe as an administrator. Try running Unturned.exe as an administrator too. Try running Unturned.exe normally (not as an administrator).

• Run a virus scan. The specific error code (0xc0000005) could appear because of malware. Although I doubt there is relevant malware, it doesn’t hurt to scan regularly (regardless of how well your machine is working) anyways.

• Check to see if your installation of DirectX is DirectX 11 (alternatively, DirectX 9).

• Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017, if you don’t have it already.

Purchase Something Newer? (Spend Money)

Again, I should clarify that my most genuine suggestion is to just get newer harder, whenever that is convenient for you. Preferably, a 64-bit OS with more than 2 GB of RAM. It sounds like your current system is an older laptop, so I would imagine that you’d have a hard time even being able to replace faulty parts to begin with.

If you’re not running a laptop, I would suggest upgrading from 2 GB of RAM to 4 GB. 32-bit limitations will only let you use about 3.2 GB of the 4 GB, but it’d be a substantial improvement.

64-bit OS and Fresh Installations

Take the following advice below with a grain of salt. There are other alternatives you can perform, and I honestly don’t suggest performing the below suggestions just because the practicality of them isn’t that great. I would suggest purchasing a new computer before I would suggest doing the below things.

Even if you could upgrade parts, you’re not going to get the most out of your RAM unless you get a 64-bit system, although if you’re not using a laptop this shouldn’t be too terribly difficult because your current CPU looks like it actually supports 64-bit data width.

• Technically, 2 GB of RAM is the minimum needed for the 64-bit version of Windows 10. You could probably “upgrade” to 64-bit for free, but “upgrading” basically translates to doing a completely fresh installation on your computer (basically, @TophatPesky’s joke about a Factory Reset).

• Further elaborating on it, a Factory Reset could technically do something, but I’m doubtful and don’t think it’s practical. A system restore could technically do something too, just like a factory reset (but keeping personal files) could technically do something.

Clarifying further, Windows 10 uses up more RAM than Windows 7. It’s being more efficient with how the RAM is being used, but it’s still being used. 2 GB for the 64-bit version of Windows 10 is technically just the minimum requirement, so even though you’ll be getting more out of your 2 GB of a 64-bit OS you’ll still likely run into various issues.

Registry

The 0xc0000005 error could be occurring due to issues with your registry. Manually cleaning out your registry is pretty tedious and long-winded, and I don’t personally suggest doing it manually because I wouldn’t want you to accidentally delete something you shouldn’t.

However, you could look into registry repair utilities that automate the process for you. Run a registry scan, and then use a utility that (1) removes duplicate/unwanted files (2) gets your registry in order (3) optimizes.

My Suggested Order

I personally wouldn’t perform all of the things above. As stated earlier, I believe that getting a new computer entirely is the best solution both short-term and long-term. However, I’ll give a more flexible order in which I think you could do the above things.

1. Follow the Basic Suggestions. These are the simplest things you can do, and some of them are a bit more important in the long-run anyways (having the right DirectX version for apps, running regular virus scans, etc.).

2. Spend Money. I’m fairly certain you’re on a laptop, so just installing new RAM isn’t a real option. “Spending money” translates to purchasing an entirely new system, and manually moving your personal files over.

Anything below this sentence, I don’t suggest actually going through with. It’s either (a) not worth the time and effort or (b) excessive and likely redundant, considering your current hardware is quite insufficient to begin with.

1. Consider using a Registry cleaner. Don’t do it manually if you do mess with your registry. Some people (rightfully) don’t see much value in using a registry cleaner at all, but in this case it’s because the error code is technically potentially related to the registry.

2. Upgrade to a 64-bit OS. Again, “upgrade” means a fresh installation. Windows 10 64-bit technically works with 2 GB of RAM. 64-bit allows you to make more use out of your current 2 GB. This is a lengthy process and quite likely won’t help in the long-run though, since you have such poor specs to begin with. Although 2 GB is minimum doesn’t mean it’s going to run as intended.

3. A Factory Reset probably won’t fix your issue at this point. Even if you have it set to keep personal files, I don’t believe it’s worth the hassle. At this point, you would have potentially chosen to upgrade to a 64-bit OS anyways, so you’ve effectively already done a factory reset because of the fresh installation. Doing another is redundant.

2 Likes

Looked up the processor and its a desktop one that supports up to 32 gigabytes of RAM. @MoltonMontro am I missing something here because I never saw him say anything about having a 32-bit OS?

You’re missing this:

It appears that he’s running a 32-bit machine (based on the emphasized text). It’d be better if @DOOMSLAYER actually confirmed the data width, but my assumption is that this is a 32-bit machine (because of the useful RAM, and because it’s only 2 GB).

EDIT: Also, the laptop assumption is currently based on the integrated GPU.

A majority of Intel’s CPUs come with integrated graphics so using that to make the determination isn’t a very good idea. Best thing to do with that unless it has a suffix that you immediately recognize as mobile-only is to look up information from Intel itself which says that the CPU is a desktop processor from the third quarter of 2011.

I don’t see how the useful memory plays a role here since the actual capacity available is almost always lower than what’s advertised. With how low-end of a machine he is on there isn’t a big reason for the manufacturer to put in more RAM either.

1 Like

With a low-end machine using 2 GB of RAM, there’s little reason for them to have installed 64-bit Windows. It was probably meant as just a simple web browsing netbook (I hadn’t noticed it was Desktop type processor when I looked it up) desktop. The assumption came from the lack of a dedicated GPU (which is another reason why purchasing a new system would just be better than upgrading), and that if it only had 2 GB of RAM it might’ve been a netbook using Windows Starter Edition (caps at 2 GB) until he updated to Win10.

Regardless, in the post I mentioned they were assumptions and mentioned what he could do if they were incorrect assumptions (most relevantly would be to just upgrade the RAM, as the other suggestions I’m not considering pertinent [like upgrading to 64-bit if he was on 32-bit]).

• With a desktop he can try upgrading/replacing the RAM. Although as we’ve mentioned his specs are already quite low. I would purchase a new, still cheap, desktop before purchasing parts for the current one, based on the age of the system/parts / compatibility / how much I’d personally want to replace to be more in line with the minimum specs for Unturned.

• If he’s running 64-bit, the above is easier because he’ll have more usable RAM. The actual RAM capacity isn’t lower than advertised, it’s that 32-bit systems can only map so much (the 4 GB limit), and also that in order to fit everything onto a 32-bit address space, not all of it can be given over to RAM/memory. It ends up being shared (e.g., with your video card, but also stuff like sound cards).

• If you’re on a 64-bit system, there shouldn’t be something eating up that 0.11 GB part of the RAM. Could be something with the specific motherboard, or perhaps a BIOS setting.
  • Then if he has to use DirectX 9 (or lower), video card RAM gets duplicated and he’d have less. I don’t know if this issue was ever alleviated for Dx9, but in later versions of DirectX (10 and above) it was (some people don’t have strong enough systems for that).

The assumptions are because they’re easy to confirm/deny and given the lack of certain information it’s more efficient to make a shot in the dark while waiting for more details. I’d like to agree that it shouldn’t be a laptop though, based on the processor alone.

With my laptop it has 16 gigabytes of RAM but about 15.9 that can actually be used. Losing 0.1 of a gigabyte according to the computer just like he is (some people have lost even more which may have been due to other issues). Also talking about the Windows Starter Edition thing, a laptop I recently worked with had 2 gigabytes of memory but still ran 64-bit. I believe my old laptop is in the same situation. Both of those laptops are around 2010 or 2011 like this desktop CPU.

In the end the best thing for him is a new computer though.

I agree with Craven. 1.60 GHz is very sub-par, and 2 gb RAM is absolutely woeful. I’m surprised your computer has even been able to run Unturned at all in the past. I definitely think your best option is to get a new PC.