Custom 4.0 Rangers Guns 3D Model [WIP]

I photoshopped the magazine so it now starts at at an angle instead of coming out straight, looks better this way imo but you judge it by yourself

Top: Original
Bottom: Edited

9 Likes

Hello There,

Done.

Really good question, idk how 4.0 will handle this however.

@Sirba Thanks, it really look better this way. But as say that was just a placeholder, the mesh in itself has largely too many tris to be in games (256tris only for a magazine ^^) . But for a more low poly version i’ll draw from your version to modelise it. Feel more natural this way. Good 2d skill :wink:

Ive made a lot of optimisation to the mesh, 1492 tris with all the attachement ( without scope ). Next step is UV and that will be finished.

So what next guy
Continue modelising Guns ?
Waiting for next U2 beta to come out to see how they looks in-Game ? ( in the case in which i got a key and the beta is open to modding)
Really idk myself. Its good to make guns and show them, but if they only stays in a forum, why making more ?
You can give me an idea for futur work.
Pic :

7 Likes

@OtterAlpha insane job dude insane !!!

I think going for a PSO-1 scope for that SVD would be a good start.

Better get answer from Nelson about your guns (nvm if while testing beta with him or just asking via pm. Better send him it as mod so he will try models himself :3).
If positive, you can try PKM (with moar proper proportions, so it will look like light machinegun instead of fat submachinegun). When russian gear collection will have machinegun, you can try Vintorez/RPG/AK-74 (just your AK/Zubeknakov model with muzzle brake and 5,45x39 bakelite magazine).
Also PSO-1 isn’t a bad idea, but along with a whole mount (scope+mount), so you can use irons on unscoped SVD (permament mount on gun will prevent of aiming unscoped rifle).
You can even start modeling MP-443 Grach (PYa - Pistolet Yarygina), modern Russian (not soviet - peestol too modern to be soviet) Army pistol, chambered in 9x19 Parabellum ammo (along with AK-74 can serve as weapons of russian soldiers in game).

This Looks Very Nice just maybe lower the detail slightly

Lower? In all honesty I think it needs more.

I think it looks good enough.

1 Like

Same. 4.0 should be a bigger step up.

Now that I think about it, the cheekrest could be a bit lighter in color to make it look more like leather.

Rather it woule need some leather texture, because leather can be coloured like this. But no such special textures for leather or bakelite will be in Unturned, even if it’s 4.x.
No, cheekrest looks very fine now - it don’t need any improvement.

Hm, IMHO it needs more real-life svd lenght proportions rather than moar details, but i don’t want to put too muh pressure.

I do think better proportions should be there and also the svd muzzle brake. That can be detachable and you can put a suppressor on it or a ranger barrel but if you have nothing on the barrel there should be more recoil.

Why do you want to put silencer on a rifle where muzzle velocity is 830m/s?
Don’t need detachable barrel/muzzle attachments on SVD.

1 Like

I have no idea why you brought velocity into the matter here, it is not by any means slow (for example, according to the manual muzzle velocity of Barrett M82 is 853 m/s).

Modern, well manufactured supressors do not come in contact with the bullet (in contrary to early supressors which used rubber gaskets which could affect the bullet to minimal degree), thus they don’t really affect the muzzle velocity of the weapon.

Another thing is that supressors are meant to make guns less loud not as quiet as movies would want to make you think, it’s a form of hearing protection. From gameplay perspective it would make gunshots harder to locate from long distance.

There are plenty of SVD rifles in civilian hands, some even rechambered for .308. There’s also some examples of people putting supressors on them, I really don’t see why this wouldn’t be an option in II.

Other example

8 Likes

I suggest you start with a 3.0 model and then detail it rather then making a brand new model.

Why so ? (10 characters)

wouldnt work. You cant access the 3.0 models and edit them. Anyways, its much easier to make something yourself then try to edit a polished out model anyways.

Most (if not all) of the vanilla gun models are available as blend files. Eaglefire in II looks to be just more detailed 3.0 one so I would say it’s pretty fair to use old guns as a base.

2 Likes

You can crack main assets files and extract fbx models

Man how much time do you spend on this, looks really nice