Deadzone Suggestion

Currently, deadzones represent a part of the map that has deadly levels of radiation, which can be solved with just a gas mask and a filter. Because 4.0 is aiming a bit more towards realism than 3.0 is currently, I hope we get the deadzone system changed up a bit.
My primary idea is that deadzones should be split into 3 different categories:
๐Ÿ) ๐“๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž ๐€ ๐‚๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฅ ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ณ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ:
These deadzones require only a gas mask to be traversed safely, because the chemicals in them donโ€™t affect skin, just
the eyes, mouth and nose. They are the least dangerous and easiest to equip for.
๐Ÿ) ๐“๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž ๐ ๐‚๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐œ๐š๐ฅ ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ณ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ:
These deadzones require your whole skin to be covered (e.g. no T-shirts, shorts, sandalsโ€ฆ) and a gas mask to be
traversed safely, because the chemicals in them affect skin too. Mid-level deadzones.
๐Ÿ‘) ๐‘๐š๐๐ข๐จ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ณ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ:
These deadzones require the usage of a full special protective suit, plus the gas mask to be traversed safely, which means that they are the hardest to equip for, but should probably also contain the best loot.

๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐๐ข๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐๐ž๐š๐๐ณ๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฌ
This may come up as a problem because all 3 types require different levels of protection.
The way to solve this would be different types of deadzones looking differently in the environment.

Type A Chemical deadzones should have grass and trees of a reddish-green colour, which are not completely dead, but show signs of being affected by chemicals.

Type B Chemical deadzones should have grass and trees similar to current deadzones, brown grass and leafless trees.

Radioactive deadzones shouldnโ€™t affect the appearance of the flora in them, but the indicator of their presence should be a big amount of radioactivity signs around it.

TL;DR Deadzones should be split up into 3 distinct types, all of which look differently in the environment, and require different levels of protection for safe access.

10 Likes

Personally, I think we should just have the 2 types of Chemical Deadzones.

Too complex but ok

i think that the idea of types of deadzones is great but i donโ€™t think they should be 2 chemical deadzone type(juste one type caractirised with a gas floating in the air)

I agree,radiation just not come into existence for no reason.(Since this is a zombie apocalypse not a nuclear blowout.)

My point was just to create a hierarchy of deadzone difficulty, and essentially allow Nelson to create map progression by walling off different tiered loot locations with environmental hazards of varying difficulty. Also, different types of deadzones would affect your character differently if youโ€™d have entered unprotected.

1 Like

Seems fairly interesting. Definitely would look into this. Different types of Dead Zones would allow quite a few interesting areas.

Reminds me of my own post

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.