Death by heights should actually exist in II

It’s ridiculous that in 3.0 you can fall from max height and stay alive without the need of medications, especially in water. Fall damage should actually be seriously lethal past 5+ stories and more lethal in water.

16 Likes

It already is! Are you playing on non vanilla servers?

1 Like

Are you sure, it wasnt last time I checkt :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Even on vanilla I will fall off of a really high building or boulder and be fine with just a bit of bleeding and a broken leg

3 Likes

True

1 Like

@Froggo they would instantly die after hitting the ground

1 Like

I agree with this, but it should only be instant from a certain height. A person could survive a fall from a three to four story building depending on where they hit the ground, though they would need immediate medical attention

3 Likes

The max falldamage currently is 50%

3 Likes

Don’t tell the Minecraft or Terraria kiddies.

5 Likes

I’m all in for this. although that if it changes, the easy difficulty in UII will probably have the same system as the current one.

2 Likes

I agree that they should be lethal, but i disagree with the water thing
i understand that in real life water is like concrete at high speeds blah blah, but this is unturned. You would save yourself from dying with an umbrella, its not realistic. There are very very few games that actually have water kill you via fall damage. It would just end up being big bait for noobs to die from fall damage jumping from rainbridge or something

1 Like

OK before a flame war starts, Fall damage can kill you but only if you are below 50% health before you fall. Fall damage can only do max 50% damage of your health with no skills. This means it is really hard to die from fall damage, and it only takes a splint and a dressing to save yourself. I think a momentum based system would be the best way to go, because it means that you don’t have to just fall straight down to be damaged, but maybe you slide down a cliff and get hurt that way or you get knocked back by a blast.

1 Like

Yes. Finally the parkour kids can be punished when they screw up! Mwahahaha.

1 Like

Hmm also replace umbrella with actual parachute. Really dumb you can just instantly equip a umbrella and become mary poppins…

3 Likes

Parachutes aslo do not deploy instanlty, need to be packed and actaully triggered.
Overall a damage model simalr to ACE medical from Arma 3 sounds reasonable.

1 Like

Thats not true, it is just a made up fact that jumping in to water is more dangerous than on land. Land is hard, water is liquid, that alone should be enough evidence.

1 Like

Are you being sarcastic? You have heard of surface tension right?

Please be joking.

1 Like

Obviosly, we need skills for diving into water and for rolling onto land after falling, because falling onto land or water is such a core gameplay element.

1 Like

As @Aj_Gaming said it is more dangerous but from big heights, you really are more likely to survive a fall on land, than water because if you hit the water hard and lose consciousness you’re done and basically no one can save you.

That doesn’t mean that water should be lethal. It is a game as people already said so i don’t think that’s necessarily necessary.

And I also don’t really see the Umbrella fitting with the more realistic graphics of UII, maybe just a glider instead of an Umbrella (i kno it’s in 3 don wory bout it).

1 Like

even without the umbrella the character still seems featherweight in 3.0

2 Likes