Different idea of Bandit NPC's

Now. One of the suggestions that is brought up frequently. Both with people who like the idea and don’t like the idea.

Each time I saw the suggestion for bandit NPC’s, I did not like that idea. However, that was because the suggestions they came with weren’t, the best…

There could have been a suggestion similar (or the same) to what I’m about to post in regards to Bandit NPC’s. Either way, here it is.

Not sure if any of you played or seen videos of Arma 2 DayZ Mod. But, one of the cool things they handled pretty cool were Bandit NPC’s. Basically, this is what would happen. You’d get a pop up in the top right which gives a short brief and objective. For example, It would say that a helicopter had crashed with valuable goods (or something like that). You’d get a not accurate location (or coordinates below, so if you have a GPS, you can see the area of the crash). Upon getting there, you’d see bandit NPC’s securing the goods (the event would be timed and would expire). Those bandits would defend that loot by attacking you (That could possibly encourage you to team up with others to help you take on those bandits).

It wasn’t just helicopter crashes, there were also missions for you to acquire vehicles (some had loot in them) which would also require you fighting NPC’s.

I am more fond of this idea than the previous suggestions of bandits.

Give your thoughts, additional suggestions upon this idea etc.

4 Likes

Meh. A message coming from nothing that let you know where something happened? Nah, I’m cool

@AnimaticFreak

Look dude, yes a lot of people want bandit npcs, but more people hate the idea for various reasons. Sorry dude.

I am not actually one as interested in bandit NPC’s as everyone else. I pretty much had the thought and just wanted to throw it up in the air.

Personally, I am really not bothered whether or not there are any kind of NPC’s.

1 Like

Replace the hostile turret model with an npc one. Now you have bandits for hire.

2 Likes

I dont think that will work right, plus it would need to be powered xd

Make it so you have to feed them. Done

Bandits would be awesome especially if they have decent ai thats challenging

1 Like

Debunking the facts

In 4.0, we currently have denizens, which are dynamic or static entities similar to players (appearance, inventory mechanic, etc). These may be referred to as NPCs in the most basic sense.

AI is also being worked on, if you paid attention to the GitHub repository for 4.0.

That said, do not expect roaming bandits or raiders out of Unturned 4.x, a game from a completely different genre than what you may be accustomed to. This isn’t Rust, or EFT, or Fallout, or GTA. It’s survival centric, and you have to be ready to accept the real possibility that your idea of a hostile NPC may never actually happen.

I am now going to paste or link this onto every future bandit post or comment that someone takes 30 seconds to type without using the search function. Enjoy.

Within the context of this particular post, at least OP had the decency to get creative with PvE events.

2 Likes

I did actually write this out of the thought of the planned AI. I really never expected a single AI (bandit or not) to roam the map fully, that would just bring a pretty strange experience.

You covered everything that is needed to be said about NPC / AI at the moment and stage and do agree with what you’re saying.

1 Like

TBH now I more like the idea of them being at important locations. Would mean you would have to go through a fight to get good loot.

Actually fallout doesn’t have wandering enemies. They have key spawn points in wees that might be useful to you, or they spawn in between important locations .

But that would mean at some point they’d have to respawn (same was as zombies) which could make it kinda weird having the same bandits spawning at the same location every x amount of time.

Then again, thinking about my original suggestion. It could be that and what you’re suggesting combined working out in some way?

1 Like

Sounds good m8

Also maybe for the vehicle ones, maybe you would know the location from npcs? Like you get a quest to get the vehicle and bring it back. In return you might get a gun or something that’s worth more than the vehicle so people just don’t use it to spawn a free vehicle? I dunno

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.