Lots of features to recap from the full release of Discourse 2.4 as we move into using the beta version of Discourse 2.5.
- Upgraded from v2.4.0.beta11 +73 to 2.5.0.beta2 +28.
- Updated discourse-styleguide, discourse-user-notes, discourse-data-explorer, discourse-characters-required, discourse-canned-replies, and discourse-cakeday. These updates are largely compatibility fixes due to core-level changes between 2.4 and 2.5.
- Added the #current-event tag to the main Community Lounge category.
Some of these features may have been noted in the past couple of update posts.
- Users can now enforce a group-based whitelist for voting in a poll.
- Suspect users are automatically sent to the moderation review queue, in addition to having been filtered separately.
- Start of support for bookmarks with reminders.
- Single-option polls.
- Line with only 1‒3 emojis will now display them as large emojis.
- Feature to award badges more easily en masse.
- New badging API.
- Internet Explorer deprecation global notice.
- Featured topics on user profiles.
- Tag synonyms.
- Users can set their own primary group.
- Redesigned GitHub oneboxes.
- Login with Discord.
- Staff-only poll results option.
- Add a preview to the poll builder.
- List category moderators on the about page.
- List all blocked words contained in the post when it’s blocked.
- Allow choice of category when making a PM public.
- Belarusian language.
- Infinite scroll on admin users list page.
- Updated emoji database and support.
- Inaccurate users have negative review accuracy.
- 2FA with U2F / TOTP.
- Many bugfixes, UX changes, security changes, and performance improvements.
All users are encouraged to enable Two-Factor Authentication on their accounts to ensure their account’s security. We suggest having a strong password, or using a password manager.
If your account is ever compromised and you are unable to contact us through the site directly, I suggest contacting me via my email (linked on the SDG website).