Dislike feature for the forums

I think a dislike feature would be good for the forums as it can show if the community dislikes something. (Idk what to say really its just a dislike feature)

12 Likes
  • But what about
  • Polls
  • Null

0 voters

I don’t see why not.

2 Likes

“Downvoted”

4 Likes

Dislikes can show if people don’t agree with stuff without making a poll and polls are really for votes anyway.

3 Likes

Let’s say I disagree with your idea, but they end up adding this dislike button.
If I clicked on it for this post would I actually be agreeing or disagreeing with the addition of it? :thinking:

5 Likes
6 Likes

Its not that deep bro, its a dislike button adding it would be useful and if you are afraid of criticism just say that.

3 Likes

The forum is literally already a circlejerk with the current like and report system LOL

4 Likes

Exactly. Might as well go the extra mile and make a karma system at this point.

2 Likes

Not useful at the end :expressionless:

A better idea is bringing power to the people, users can vote ban other users :troll:

We shall let democracy rule this forum, one like = one vote for banning dragon beast.

10 Likes

If this existed you would cease to exist on the forums lmao.

1 Like

of course people like me would not enjoy a downvote option. Some people, regardless of how good their idea or suggestion or content is, are going to get downvoted and have their posts dissolve into obscurity simply because people personally dislike them, have an unreasonable prejudice against them, or are out to witch hunt them.

Sure, if the SDG forum had thousands of active members, then that huge pool of people that probably don’t know me would far outweigh the handful of rude folks that like to harass and shit around.

But this is the SDG forums, not YouTube.

6 Likes

It’s because your ideas are shit and you can’t take criticism

4 Likes

@Pesticide My sides have levitated into the stratosphere.

Yes, I am sure that is it. On another note, how about giving OPs the ability to enable downvotes (they would be disabled by default) for threads about suggestions, memes and the like?

yeah giving people who post the option to disable likes would be good and maybe moderators too.

》Disabling dislikes because they hurt your feelings

You know what I’m down for it