Distractions

Hello, first post here. I did check trello before making this suggestion, and english isn’t my native language, but if i made any mistakes, i apologise. And also i made this while i was a little bit drunk
Currently in 3.0, we have 3 things as distractions: Throwables (like grenade, flares etc.), gun sounds, or player made sounds (like sprinting, running around with a chainsaw, or wearing clothes etc.)
But distractions should not be limited to this.

Summary

Player should not be limited to throwing flares, firing guns, using a melee weapon or just basically sprinting to distract zombies. There should be more ways to distract zombies, like light, or interacting with objects.

• How does it currently work?
    Zombies are distracted only by the sound. If you make any sound (depending on which way you did) zombies in a radius will move towards where the sound came from.
Additions

1. Interacting with certain objects
ㅤㅤWhat i mean by that is breaking glass, ringing bells, or destroying a street lamp etc. that are already built in the map. These objects will distract zombies in a certain radius when interacted with.

2. Dropping items
ㅤI expect item management to be much more realistic in unturned 4.0. So why not use them as a distraction too? For example: When you drop a metal sheet out of your inventory, when it hits the ground, it will make a sound that can distract zombies. So inventory management in the middle of a herd would not be the smartest thing.

3. Even more throwables
ㅤOnly flares? Nah. We need more throwables like using a rock and throwing it somewhere to take zombies’ attention to that direction.
ㅤEvery item in the inventory should be used as a throwable to make sound. By every item, i mean a can of beans in your inventory, or pine planks that you just crafted. Basically anything that comes into your mind.

4. Light
ㅤCurrently, going into a city at night with a flashlight and looting everything without not being noticed by a zombie is an easy thing to do. If light coming out of a flashlight or a tactical laser could be used as distraction, it would be a nice addition to the game. However, in order to not make this overpowered, zombies would first go to where light hits, and after a few seconds, they would follow the light source.

Tweaks

1. Gun sounds & Explosinos
ㅤCurrently, zombies are distracted by the sound gun shots or explosions make, and in my opinion, the radius of this is small. The radius of a gun or an explosion sound should be much wider, to make shooting or raiding in a city much more dangerous.

2. Melee attack
ㅤCurrently, even punching the air can get a few zombies’ attention. This doesn’t make sense (except for chainsaw, or anything that makes sound) and in my opinion this should be removed.

3. Sneakybeaky
ㅤWith this skill maxed out, you can basically just sprint past zombies without any problems. In my opinion, its effects should be reduced, if this will still exist in unturned 4.0.

Pretty short topic, i know, but i rushed making this, i am sorry 'bout that.

34 Likes

This is a very nice idea, such mechanics would improve the game experience by far. There are tons of traps we could make using such system.

For a first post you’ve done great, good to see original suggestions like this one coming from a newcomer, keep it like that.

14 Likes

God, after so many lousy threads from new members, we’ve had two pull through and make some good posts!

One thing I really want to see are Flare Guns, this is already possible in 3.x, so I might actually just go ahead and make one.

16 Likes

holy shit finally a fucking good suggestion from a new member
and yes i agree with spebby, please flare guns that actually work

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

I was going to write about this when i started making the suggestion, but then forgot to mention that, rip. -_-

Relfection you can edit it in if you press these dots image
Then the pen and you can add that. I’ts a good thing to know.
Anway, really good topic!

2 Likes

Amazing topic, I’d also want to see car alarms coming on if you jump on a car hood or brake a window of a car or something like that, you know, would work as an distraction. Ofc depending on how long the virus outbreak or whatever it is has been… so if its a very long time cars wouldnt have battery anymore…

But car alarms as distractions too :smiley:

2 Likes

Wait a second, is dat Clem? (Twd yadda yadda telltale games)

Edit: Anywho, as others have said, amazing post.

1 Like

Finally a good, detailed post on distraction (even though it’s been suggested quite a bit before)
A post doesn’t have to be long to be good

1 Like

Hehe it reminds me of cats chasing a red light. :upside_down_face:

But it would be funny that if the zombie doesn’t see the player but it does see the laser it will chase the laser, but after awhile it will notice you.

For example: If you’re in a bush.

2 Likes

For a first post you’ve done great, good to see original suggestions like this one coming from a newcomer, keep it like that.

xD haha sorry I just thought how many people have suggested this btw i saw this same post about breaking glass ringing bells last week by someone else but yes good good suggestion after all also welcome to the forum Reflection

1 Like

Good one, not bad at all! I am a new member and I haven’t seen this suggestion before, so yeah I like it.

1 Like

I can just imagine people standing on roofs in cities, pointing lasers down at the streets and looking at the Turned while they chase the laser dot XDD

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.