Driving while pointing guns out of windows/car sunroofs

I checked the trellos and nothing is there. But I know I’ve seen it somewhere before…

Reloading should make you loose control of the vehicle for the time it takes to do so. You shouldn’t decelerate though

pls not dual wielding
i just meant leaning out of car windows to shoot, and shooting behind you/shooting through sunroofs by using Q and E/ space for sunroof. i don’t see how it has anything to do with dual wielding.
also, i believe the car doesn’t need to go off course, it will be hard to control the car without that, because you’re focused on whatever you’re trying to shoot, so you won’t be able to follow a road or do other car-related stuff well.

sidenote: reloading should make you momentarily lose control of the car (for however long it takes to reload the gun)

As I said, because you’re using one hand to fire a weapon that can only be a one handed weapon, it has to work like the dual wielding mechanic, since dual wielding also involves shooting weapons with one hand each that can only be one handed weapons.

Dual wielding is confirmed whether you like it or not.

Basically implemented too, although finishing/polishing it off is backlogged afaik.

Because of one hand being on the wheel and one hand being on a gun, probably. I wouldn’t be surprised if it reused the same animations/work already done for dual-wielding tbh.

And then aim with the free-look camera possibly.

Im sorry to anyone who doesnt want this to be in the game, but it has been said on the Trello that you can peek out of the car by LEANING. And that the driver WILL BE ABLE to shoot whilst driving.

That Trello card doesn’t exist. There is no information about vehicles available on the roadmap besides that cars are planned far down the line.

If you’re reference something off the Wishlist board, that’s just a collection of community ideas. None of it is confirmed/planned to happen, and that board shouldn’t be used as your primary resource. Also, that card doesn’t mention shooting whilst driving anyways.

It’s not unlikely that, when vehicles are eventually added, you’ll be able to lean out of them. However, calling it “confirmed” is pretty misleading imho.

Trello wishlist is something which he wishes to implement. If he wishes to imprement something, especially useful and basic, as shooting out of a car he probably will.

If you dont belive me here is a link that will send you directly where Nelson wrote this himself

First one is under the COMBAT section and talks about driving and shooting.

Second one is under the GAMEPLAY section and talks about leaning out of a moving car and shooting.

I think that speaks for itself.

Its a list the nelson compiled of things people were asking for alot, you can see the current and actual trello below.

2 Likes

The Trello wishlist is not the roadmap.

2 Likes

That board has not been edited with any new cards or similar in 1 year starting tomorrow. On top of that, it’s a wishlist from the community, just to give Nelson a sort of direction where to take Unturned II. Use the roadmap that @anon67155151 so kindly gave you.

Probably.

Also this game is going to be improved unturned. So i doubt such a basic mechanic such as shooting out of a car would be dismissed.

And also in that first card he just says how not all of it is there yet (implying he will add more), so im not sure how it speaks for itself.

He doesnt need to edit it or change it.

The fact that you purposefully ignored everything after that one phrase makes you think you are either baiting or stubborn enough to not change your mind. Prove me wrong by reading the words that come after the ones that you handpicked to try to be right

“Not everything is here yet - I’m amassing feedback from all around the community as well as my own hopes for the game.”

The “everything” part is supposed to refer to feed back from the community, saying that he hasnt added everything that the community has been asking to the community wishlist. Make sense now?

Yes so how does it speak for itself? He put up sone ideas he liked in perticular from the community and planned for it to be in the game.

Yeah but he has a separate trello with things he is planning on putting into the game. The wishlist and the roadmap trello are separate trellos because they are separate lists. Everything in the roadmap was on the wishlist but not everything on the wishlist is going to make it on the roadmap.

Yes you are right. But i still think shooting out of a car is basic movement and will be at launch. Do you think some minor things from the wishlist will come from future updates?

The first beta is probably going to be very light, and mostly to just get input on the foundation of the game, and then moving on from there to add more full on gameplay mechanics, and then minor things. Most things on the roadmap wont be in the beta, so to get all of the things in the wishlist would take a while, but not too long as alot of them are overlapping.

1 Like