Eating corpses

Amen, brother.

3 Likes

Letā€™s take a look at Unturned 3.0 for a second to show how easy it is to find food in this game (subject to change in 4.0 if course but I donā€™t expect Nelson to change much about the spawn tables) on Washington in Tacoma there are 15 or so buildings, letā€™s say half are houses, thatā€™s half spawning food already, thereā€™s also a diner, fast food, gas station, and a police station, which all spawn food, plus any zombies from the diner or fast food. Itā€™s right next to 2 spawn points, animals spawn there, and thereā€™s a military survivor camp thing that nobody goes to right up the road that I think spawns food, if you can check all of those places and not find anything itā€™s probably better to run North because once youā€™re over the bridge where at the very worst youā€™ll find seeds and rope to make fertilizer until you head just a smidge further north, find a whole new town with food+Scorpion 7 which has an entire room that spawns food.

1 Like

Trust me, with the whole push for survival-centricism and hardcore, somewhat punishing gameplay in Unturned II, youā€™re definitely going to see completely different spawn tables. Chances are, that also means no more ridiculously easy loot farming.

3 Likes

i know we are going for realistic here but whats more important is fun.

its not fun to eat peopleā€¦ wth man

4 Likes

reads title
throws up in mouth
Maybe, but not something youā€™d do unless you were desperateā€¦ Also, very unhealthy regardless of how you cook it.

How would you know? /s

this has got kinda out of hand.
my point was, if you were in a very desperate situation you could eat meat of corpses. Itā€™s you people who think it should be a more realistic survival game, and in many survival scenarios in real life people have had to do that.

1 Like

But is it worth it making this game 18+ just so some creeps can have satisfaction in eating humman flesh?

Also yes, unturned II is looking to be dark and more realistic, but were not going to see a aim to be completely relistic, like I see some funny quirks added, but thisā€¦butā€¦

All of you that want THIS feature out of all the OTHER features you could possably have, are mentally unhealthy.

1 Like

when you think about it though, cannibalism is (mildly) better than mass murder.
Also, if the game was 18+, parents wouldnā€™t let their young kids play it, so the game wouldnā€™t be filled with screaming 6 year olds.

1 Like

Also, if the game was 18+, parents wouldnā€™t let their young kids play it, so the game wouldnā€™t be filled with screaming 6 year olds.

Tell that to CoD, R6S, PUBG, and various other ā€œ18+ā€ games that have plenty of younger children playing it. Not to mention Unturned is free, so the parent doesnā€™t even have to know about it on any credit card statements or similar.

Anyway, it seems like the general consensus is against the idea of cannibalism, and for good (if somewhat hypocritical) reason. Cannibalism isnā€™t really a pleasant thing, and only really is done by extremely desperate, or extremely unhinged people. When youā€™re playing a game where you know you can just respawn, that desperation kind of loses its value, and then at that point the game is simply promoting cannibalism in a roundabout way.

Iā€™ve got to agree with most of the arguments here that this wouldnā€™t really be a useful nor pleasant thing to add.

dang. oh well

If Unturned wasnā€™t filled with children, it would be a great gameā€¦ if only 4.0 cost money

1 Like

I hate children tbh
If we had cannibalism maybe there wouldnā€™t be as much children.

The downsides of Nelson trying to please everyone is having to exclude these ideas that can be considered ā€œObsceneā€

2 Likes

The problem with cannibalism isnā€™t that it offends people. (There are people who are offended by games with guns, but that doesnā€™t really matter.) The problem is that there is no good way to balance it in a game where players can respawn infinitely. Either the game would become all about industrial level harvesting and processing of human flesh, or cannibalism would be irrelevant.

Let the corpses stay dead. I donā€™t want body harvesting like in Rust. Itā€™s just too unsettling.

Instead, add a way to bury a dead body to get rid of it. (despawns after being buried and wont become a turned) (also add digging in general, but only deep enough for a basement)

Iā€™d like to see a buried corpse as a trap.

But yeah beating a dead horse is rather unpleasent.

yea i agree eating people is not fun that is my argument

2 Likes

You big gay.

1 Like

ROFL :laughing: