Electric systems, computers and base management

Would it really? I mean, what do you want Unturned to be? A copy of PUBG just a bit more low poly?

2 Likes

Unturned is far from being a copy of PUBG with a lower poly count.

1 Like

I agree but it could be time consuming to make an circuit like that

How about an actual decent free zombie survival game that focuses on the survival aspects instead of becoming another competitor with other games played solely as PvP?

1 Like

That’s what we want, isn’t it?

he wants this because people would spend more time gathering stuff and seeing what they can build than going and killing and raiding all the time

You don’t suppose, Sherlock

This could also open up the opportunity for hacking…

1 Like

Oh boy perfect!
more no have very eletric systems in moment more is a good idea a “automatic house”

Yeah because suddenly we’re all level 100 technicians.

it a good idea i wish nelson add it in the future

well… we are good enough that we can use a blowtorch to fix any problem on a car, except tires and batterys, and we can also repair wood with blowtorches anyways… unturned really isnt supposed to make sense too, also considering the fact YOU CAN BUILD SENTRIES THAT CAN IDENTIFY BETWEEN FRIEND OR FOE AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE GUNS OUT OR NOT… I think this would be a simple task.

makes sense

Seeing as this is a 4.0 suggestion though it’s not really relevant to make that comparison to 3.0. I believe this is also not the first time I have pointed this out.

tbh, I dont think nelson will get rid of sentries, that would create an outrage from allt he people that want to defend their bases. so yeah, Im absolutely certain that we will be able to make sentries and so on.

I believe 4.0 is going to be really different from 3.0 especially in terms of realism and survival, so you speaking about 3.0 in this suggestion for 4.0 is not much of a placeholder. Also, yes unturned 3.0 is not supposed to be a super realistic game, it’s just realistic enough to not feel childish(which ironically it still is thanks to the community).

Unturned 4.x will most likely still have sentries, and it is safe to assume most item content will return in some functionally similar fashion. 4.x is also already planned to have a far better electrical system in terms of wiring. While logic gates may be excessive for 4.x, a lot of additions and improvements are being made to the electrical systems.

The feature is not being cut out because it “strays the game from its intended gameplay.” If anything, this would technically be something you’d expect. That would include makeshift janky elevators. Janky elevators and logic gates don’t make the game a low-poly PUBG, which is what @Codian was saying.

If a different example is needed: we instantly know how to shoot and reload anything we find in a couple of seconds, and that will most likely be the case in 4.x. But an example really isn’t needed, because 4.x additions are still based on the value of something as a gameplay element, and gameplay elements > realism always.

Unturned has this charm to it, this wacky setup that it doesn’t even show off, it just has it. For example:
Exploding chewing gum
Umbrellas as parachutes
Snowball grenades
Oxygen generators
Sentry made from scrap piles
I can carry a minigun in a school backpack
etc etc

Even if unturned went down a more realistic path it would suck to lose these sorts of things that give unturned personality.

I never denied that 4.x won’t be having sentries, sure it will and the same goes for wiring and electronic tinkering. Though the way it currently works in 3.x is not something to keep in mind as a permanent placeholder when thinking about 4.x electronics. 4.x is going to be far more realistic than 3.x that we can confirm, admitted… It may not be as realistic as DayZ or sorts, but that’s because it’s unturned with its own charm as @calamari stated (though most of the things he mentioned will be worked upon and improved in 4.x eg- weight system).

Also, I’m working on a post as to “how we can all fire any weapons we find AND reload them” with no skill can be improved for 4.x

but this should be used by people who likes to build bases and houses