Game art for in Steam Library

Vertical Box Art

With the the Steam Library redesign approaching its official public release, games should have vertical box art (if they don’t already) so that they can appear nicely on the library page.

Obviously U4 doesn’t have anything yet to begin with, considering it doesn’t have a store page, but U3 could use that vertical cover art.

DLC Logos

I was also going to suggest adding proper DLC logos for the special exclusive items given via DLC (Twitch, Crimson/Gold Beret, Early Access), as Big Picture Mode shows the logos for DLC.

That being said, the Steam Library redesign automatically covers this in case there’s nothing by just adding a “DLC” ribbon on top of the game’s normal logo and calling it good (if there isn’t dedicated art).

I still suggest adding dedicated DLC logos though, even though most of them aren’t purchasable.

DLC Banners

While I’m fairly certain the box art has always been an option for developers to add, I don’t think these DLC banners originally existed and might not be possible to add until the redesign is released.

The banners are a 600x90, compared to the game headers that are 460x215 afaik.

Game Logo

Also something that’s been around for a while is a proper game logo. The redesign uses it for the top of the game’s page in the library. This logo should be high-definition enough to be reasonably scalable, as users can change the position and size of the logo.

Regarding the background, I’m not too sure what’s going on. I don’t think this is meant to be the dedicated background for the game, but it’s also showing this as an image for the Belgium expansion update, which isn’t accurate either.

EDIT: It’s a “game details header”, but I believe that’s a fall-back.

16 Likes

good idea!

4 Likes

great idea!

5 Likes

amazing idea!

1 Like

that looks epic

Brief follow-up screenshot from here recently (Unturned has a proper logo element now).

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.