Gun diversity

Whos Yarrie Chan?

That’s the wrong question.
I think you should be asking What is Yarrrie-chan?

My bad, what is Yarrie Chan?

1 Like

How is most of this relevant to U2? Most of these are just historical details that dont really matter to the game. I would be fine with there being AK47s and AKMs, with the AK47 being a worse variant, not because of the actual differences, but because of relevancy. Everyone knows what an AK47 is and most people know what an AKM is, and as long as they have fairly different statistics, to the point where they “feel” different to use in game.

In terms of guns the only things Im against are guns that are so rare and weird in real life that it would be a little silly to have in game, and guns that are too (statistically) similar to other guns.

The amount of guns and the variety between them is mutually exclusive (to an extent), especially if guns change depending on map more so than in 3, and the only way I could see more guns really directly meaning less variety if they are added ad nauseam with guns feeling samey.

1 Like

I still dont know what muzzle brake is…

Huh… I thought it was thing to make gun have bursts

I was referring it from a game standpoint. Relax, bud. I’m well aware of the differences of all those guns in real life, and, while I’m admittedly not quite as knowledgeable as you seem to be, I know a fair bit about firearms. The point of my comment was that when you take all those guns, put them into this small, low-poly caricature of themselves, slap on game balance, then guns like the ones I described all become practically the same thing.

Edit: Redacted my last statement because it was not contributing to anything except more fuel to the fire.

Regardless, my point still stands that my original comment was not intended to reference real life. Trust me, I’d be the first one to beat myself if I claimed the AKM, AK-47, and AK-74 were all “pretty much the same” (and I agree that saying the AK-74 was similar was a bit of an overstep because of the difference in cartridge size). I simply feel that the intricacies and differences would not not translate well into Unturned II and would only result in many versions of very similar-looking guns.

3 Likes

The muzzle brake is a device that you put onto the muzzle of a weapon, so you can get rid of recoil, lower flash and also suppress sound (not all muzzlebreaks are alike, i.e A flash Compensator reduces muzzleflash and a suppressor basically makes your gun fire at a lower volume, to put simply). The part that determines your selective firing capabilities is a lower receiver.

1 Like

*Upper receiver

I think it should be like Unturned 3.0’s guns when it comes to amount and variety.
Look at the assault rifles for example.
Slow and accurate -Aug+Heartbreaker+Matamorez
Well rounded in all aspects -G36+Maplestrike+Zubek
Higher learning curve than others with great payoff -Famas+Eaglefire

AKM and AK47 in a video game would be the game gun but with diferent “stability” and other minor details. It doesnt have any key diference to put 300 diferent assault rifles in the game because they have a different stock.

1 Like

Neither of those sources say Russian AKs were ever made from German parts or made with German tooling.

Why does something that is rare in our timeline have to be rare in the timeline where humans eventually develop the technology to travel to an alternate dimension and get invaded by beings from said dimension?

1 Like

Thats a fair point, but I mostly meant weird historical guns that were used along time ago but would be collectors items now.

On the topic of futuristic things, advanced guns would be cool. Obviously not laser guns but maybe a weird caseless bullet space gat type thing. If you really wanted to push it gauss/coilguns would be neat seeing as those are sort of close to being a thing.

1 Like

I don’t know why you would assume that the timelines have diverged only in relatively recent times. The 3.X timeline obviously diverged back when PEI first formed as a geographic feature, otherwise it wouldn’t be shaped like that
If you want to talk about futuristic personal weapons that could feasibility be produced and then found by survivors, I’d suggest something based on those different 20 mm Smart grenades that the Americans, Chinese, French, Koreans, and Russians have toyed with.

1 Like

I don’t know why you would assume that the timelines have diverged so that smart grenades exist/grenades ever being invented in the timeline the game takes place, along with any countries currently in existence in our timeline that you mentioned :thinking:

In all seriousness I dont think timelines really matter, especially when there isnt a general idea at all about what U2 is going to be about lore wise. Smart grenades are pretty sweet though, would be interesting to see something like that.

1 Like

the akm is an ak-47 by fact.

all in all they would be the same shit twice if added to unturned.

so quit the steam forums gun nut mode.