Gun movement in hands/Free aim

what i would like to add for either both firearms and melee or just firearms and maybe even for empty hands cursor movement (though it doesn’t appeal me much):

also if somebody would feel uncomfortable with free aim he can toggle it off just like in the second video example.

• Fixed aim for hip/iron sight (most shooting games)
  • Free aim for hip/iron sight (RO2, RS, RS2V)
  • Fixed/free hybrid aim (choose for hip and iron sight separately)

0 voters

4 Likes

I’ve seen the same thing in Insurgency, but mostly at horizontal movement. It’d be nice.

3 Likes

This would be nice. More immersive too.

if done properly it will enhance the experience

2 Likes

aside from pistols and perhaps longer weapons without stocks this doesn’t even make sense

2 Likes

if it didn’t make sense there wouldn’t be any of this in the first place.
please explain why it doesn’t to you.
also found a good article for aiming mechanics in games

myself i am rooting for type 2 free aim with not fixed iron sight (RO2, RS, RS2V)
maybe even make an option to choose whether hip fire or iron sight be a free aim or not

explain respawning. oh what’s that, it’s a game mechanic? hmst’d

also i was arguing from a practical perspective - you’re not going to be holding a weapon so that the stock is at a fucking 45 degree angle or something, that’s going to hurt like hell. even your article agrees that it’d be impractical.

1 Like

is this a respawing in games topic? i don’t think so.

i don’t see much of a practical perspective aside from you don’t like it.
if there is no stock then you would not be holding a gun like it has one.

would you explain this and bring some examples because i don’t undertand what you mean

this article also said that the best variant (author’s opinion) is “…the first Red Orchestra is probably the best one thanks to its type 2 free aim and its fixed iron sights.”

is this a respawing in games topic? i don’t think so.

your question was why something would be implemented if it doesn’t make sense. respawning doesn’t make sense outside of gameplay. it’s called a comparison.

i don’t see much of a practical perspective aside from you don’t like it.

well then you can’t read, sorry

if there is no stock then you would not be holding a gun like it has one.

which is why i said

would you explain this and bring some examples because i don’t undertand what you mean

the RO2 style aiming essentially lets you do that (albeit the angle may be exaggerated, but the point still stands) - it lets you hold a stocked weapon at an angle that you never would because it’s completely impractical. not to mention it feels disgusting and i’m convinced the only people who willingly use it in RS2 are masochists.

this article also said that the best variant (author’s opinion) is “…the first Red Orchestra is probably the best one thanks to its type 2 free aim and its fixed iron sights.”

except we’re not talking about hipfire. we’re talking about RO2’s system, which has the same free aim in ADS, which the author says would be impractical.

Yes. That’s exactly what whistle was trying to say. That sight movement would not be like that if you didn’t have a stock.

1 Like

i will repeat the question. is this a respawing in games topic?
a comparison of respawnig system and an aiming system. why?

maybe you should throw some examples of your “practical perspective” and not blaming someone that you did not do.
i gave mine. your turn.

judging from what i have read you imagine that we do not play as a human being but a crab people of some sorts.
also you claim that a game mechanic that is been use by some percentage of people is “…completely impractical disgusting and i’m convinced the only people who willingly use it in RS2 are masochists” and they propbaly shoud forget and delete it? maybe you shoud at least try give it a shot first?

it makes you get used to like any other mechanic in games.
so your argument that iron sight free aim is no for you right? impractical would be if it was not present in any games in other variations and in games mentioned above. if you don’t like it you can express that in vote above.

i will repeat the question. is this a respawing in games topic?
a comparison of respawnig system and an aiming system. why?

does breaking your shoulder and holding your gun at an angle where you shouldn’t be able to aim down the sights make sense? does respawning? no? that’s the comparison. jesus.

maybe you should throw some examples of your “practical perspective” and not blaming someone that you did not do.
i gave mine. your turn.

except i DID. you just either can’t comprehend it or are willingly choosing not to for the sake of this stupid argument.

judging from what i have read you imagine that we do not play as a human being but a crab people of some sorts.

i dunno about you, but if i was trying to shoot a rifle, i wouldn’t be holding it so the stock wasn’t firmly planted in my shoulder and i was physically incapable of looking down the sights, that’s stupid.

also you claim that a game mechanic that is been use by some percentage of people is “…completely impractical disgusting and i’m convinced the only people who willingly use it in RS2 are masochists” and they propbaly shoud forget and delete it? maybe you shoud at least try give it a shot first?

oh, i have given it a shot. that’s precisely why i think that.

it makes you get used to like any other mechanic in games.

like what?

so your argument that iron sight free aim is no for you right? impractical would be if it was not present in any games in other variations and in games mentioned above. if you don’t like it you can express that in vote above.

i’m arguing from a practical - okay no, you need it spelt out for you - HUMAN - perspective, free aim while shouldering and aiming down a weapon is not only completely inaccurate, but also pointless. stop trying to make it out like my only argument is that i personally don’t like the feature. sure, i don’t. that’s not my point. stop pretending it is.

also if i were to argue from a gameplay perspective i’d say that free aim while aiming is completely pointless (again, outside of perhaps pistols and other stockless weapons) because the main thing free aim does is throw off your aim enough so you’re not totally sure where you’re shooting, but the main thing aiming down sights does is give you a reference so you ARE mostly sure about where you’re shooting. these two cancel out so you just have this floaty, confusing mess.

1 Like

plsnospay
PlsNoSpay

For both hip and ironsights, but a slighter effect on ironsights

making few millimeter/centimeter adjustments while shooting and you have broken shoulder? i know that every human body is different but have a little faith in it that it will hold.

it’s not a “few millimeter/centimeter adjustments”. that’s just intellectually dishonest.

so that is what i perposly missed to what?
we can simplify the argument into - you don’t like it vs i like it. that is that.

you…literally just…i’m not even going to bother. that’s just sad.

so what holds you from firm stock holding against shoulder while you free aim down sights? what angles should it be to feel miserable and disgusted? did it suddenly become sinonim of flimsy gun holding?

okay well now you’re conflating two separate points.

arma 2/3, RO2/RS/RS2V, Insurgency

what? no, hold the fuck up, you said the free aim would help players get used to OTHER mechanics in games, not free aim in OTHER GAMES.

i am not trying to make it your only argument because it looks like one already.

oh no, that’s exactly what you’re doing.

strange why my HUMAN perspective tells me that this is an okay way to aim. hmmmmmmm.

maybe because you’ve never even held something that looks even remotely like a firearm before. even just holding something like a nerf gun it’s obvious to see why you wouldn’t want your stock at a bad angle.
not to mention that it’d be unnecessarily more difficult to look down the sights that way.

the practicle use of this aimig is more immersion, feel of the virtual gun and smooth aiming comparing to fixed iron sight and especially fixed hip fire.

again, I’M NOT TALKING ABOUT HIP FIRE. I’M TALKING ABOUT AIMING. and this is NOT more immersive while aiming (with a WEAPON that has a STOCK). if anything it’s immersion BREAKING because NOBODY holds a rifle at the ridiculous angles that the RO2 player can while aiming down the sight.

you don’t like it i undestand that but naming it impractical while other games use this system, well, not a good point.

literally the entire POINT of adding free aim to hipfire is to make it impractical (outside of i guess ArmA, where they’re just weird).

that is why i made a pool voting. feel free to use.

you didn’t give me an option to only have free aim in hipfire. the option to swap both makes it pointless.

so free aim iron sights doesn’t give you reference where to fire next.

no, it DOES. that’s why it’s a mess. because it doesn’t know what it WANTS TO BE.

it sounds like you made a complete comparison with a free aim user as noice shooter vs fixed aim user as a skilled shooter.

what? literally where did you get that from?

doesn’t look legit to me.

says the guy pulling half his points out of his ass. okay.

i say if does give you shootin reference, a more fluid spray control and smoother aiming.

again, yes, it does. that’s why it’s a mess. it’s two conflicting doctrines.

now, that being said:

if the iron sight effect was VERY slight (like actual, legitimate millimeters, not the “”“millimeters”“” of RO2), then i guess it wouldn’t be too bad and would probably make an amount of sense.

you know what

tl;dr idc anymore

2 Likes

I’m so lost, someone give me a TL;DR of the wall of text above.

Free aim should not exist, (anyone who uses it is a masochist) especially when in ADS; and some irrelevant stuff.

it makes the game feel like im playing on a Wii remote. anyone else?