Haha unturned funny

2 Likes

my bones are tickling

1 Like

Spebby, I liked that Nuremberg shitpost. If we can’t laugh at tragedies how are we supposed to cope with them? It’s moralistic shits like you that ruin everything and don’t allow us to cope.

Either everything’s okay to joke about or nothing is okay to joke about. To take a line from Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

99% of the time when “the community” flags stuff it is just one or two people getting butthurt.
Problem is it is either this or no flags at all. I’d be down for no flags, we already got jannies so eh…

2 Likes

It’s important to remember to not get butthurt over things on the internet. It’s just not right. Anyone can be a dick to anyone online, doesn’t matter how many moderators you have

Technically, you can apply this to every aspect of life, but there’s no need to right now

@DeusExMachina @Syero This is true, people need to grow a thicker skin. Either take the god damn banter, or go outside.

1 Like

Only because there is really nothing stopping from someone being a dick too you
people online are sadists

I agree about laughing at stuff to cope, however, this isn’t the place for it. Oh, and I liked the edit as well, I thought it was funny, but that doesn’t change that this isn’t the place for it.

Flags help the mods find potentially offending posts, I highly doubt that the majority of flags come from people who are abusing the system.

1 Like

Btw too clarify when i said “people shouldnt get butthurt” i wasnt directing it at you, someone just brought it up and i went on a tangent you may just prefere a more mature enviornment opposite to reddit and 4chan instead of actually getting mad

1 Like

spebby when someone makes a joke

1 Like

Very brief overview on how reports work:

• Each report is weighted. More weight = more impactful. This means showing it above other reports, and automatically hiding (or closing) the post/topic sooner while still awaiting official review.

• Each user has a report weight. Trust level and your report history factor into this. You are weighted based on “good”, “bad”, and “ignored” reports.

• “Ignore” is its own option that still allows action/inaction without explicitly agreeing/disagreeing with the report.
  • Posts/topics can be hidden by reports. The more people that report, the more likely the post is hidden.

• If all the users reporting the post have a very low report weight, it’ll take a while for it to be hidden.
    • Inversely, with a very high report weight, the post could be hidden with one or two reports.
  • Posts can also be closed. This requires a minimum of at least three consecutive reports, but it also factors in report weight. These posts are only temporarily closed with an hour-based countdown.

• Some report types (spam, inappropriate, etc.) are weighted higher than others. This also contributes to calculations and the order in which staff see reports.

6 Likes

cummies in my tummies

i couldn’t listen after 3 seconds it made me want to punch my screen
shut the FUCK UP DUMB BABY

There is your problem.
Fuck “potentially offending”; that can be literally anything and everything. I get that mods need leeway to deal with unforseen shit, but autohiding a post because [insert buttthurt user] reported it is more often than not uncalled for.
Again, the problem is that there is as of yet no way to automatically distinguish between a warranted flag (spam, gore, adverts, yadda yadda yadda) and just butthurt with anywhere near 100% accuracy.

4 Likes

The Moderator could shoot the reporter a dm and ask why they flagged it down

Absolutely, but then the mod has to deduce whether or not the reporter is lying and judge whether or not the report was justified

To clarify, what I meant by “potentially offending” are posts/replies that require staff attention in order to decide on if they are offending guidelines or not. You’re a discord mod, you should understand the value of reports.

The only issue I have with reports atm is how only 2 options allow for reasoning to be sent.

Every option should require reasoning for reporting.

1 Like

yeah but that post didn’t require any staff attention since it wasn’t inherently terrible and was literally just a picture of construction zombie at a podium

It was reported for the image name, which is fair game similar to when people report videos linked on the SDG Forum that have concerning titles or thumbnails.

We already do this as needed. It’s also why the “Ignore” button can get used even if we agree/disagree with a flag. Sometimes users are reporting based on personal biases, or a completely irrelevant line of reasoning, on something that should be looked into for completely different reasons.

A majority of flags don’t come from people who are abusing the system – they come from a relatively small group of active users. A lot of the assumptions you see people make in topics after having their post flagged are also often wrong.

A majority of these flags also don’t hide a post / temp-close a topic – which people can still view with a single button click.

Ideally, Discourse would offer a more integrated way of allowing personalized messages regarding why a post was moderated after a report. They just use the off-topic/inappropriate/spam options at the moment as the only factor in what context is given. We’ve messaged individual users a few times over such issues, but we’ve also been messaged regarding more specific context before.

2 Likes