Honoring Ranger and Military Ammo

I know that pretty much it is set in stone we are leaving Ranger and Military ammo behind because of whats in the U2 beta (5.56 ammo for eaglefire). But I thought I would see what the community of the forums thinks of the new ammo change and have one last hurrah in defense of the old system . I am guessing most people appreciate the new change towards a more realistic ammo system. But I always loved the simple ammo system and the difference between Ranger and Military weapons. I will be the guy to always call the Honeybadger the Honeybagder, cause that’s what it is gosh darnet, it ain’t no PDW!
I think that Ranger and Military ammo just screams Unturned along with its iconic ammo box icons. Just as iconic as Zubeknakov (c’mon ZUBEKNAKOV it doesn’t get more Unturned than that) and Maplestrike. I as much as I want more survival content and new things to do I don’t want Unturned to become all technical with accurate gun names and ammo specifications, I guess I just do not want to sniff say goodbye.

I think it has a unique feel to it and gives Unturned a little heritage, culture and notion to where it came from. I think the old system keeps Unturned in its cartoonish genre and feels right for the world. Something about asking for extra 5.56 ammo from a friend in Unturned seems so wrong.

And wow I forgot about ole civilian ammo, sorry buddy, you had my back in the darkest and dankest of times.

If so we must say goodbye to the ole ammo please take a moment of silence with me and hold your green toque that you found in Tacoma over your hearts in respect. The old system will fall into legend, used by ancient warriors of old on battlefields of long ago, you will not be forgotten.

4 Likes

stick and stones may brake my bones but APFS-DS will shatter my home.

7 Likes

No offense but that system is garbage. “Oh lEt mE JuST FiLl my pIStol Woth tHe sAME AMmo as My RifLE.” It doesnt make sense, and it is a waste of ammo.

7 Likes

On the contrary, to me it seems way better than saying “Hey you got a box of low-cal military ammo?” because of a few reasons.

1. It’s realistic (seeing as weapons are now going to be tied to specific calibers)
  2. It makes sense
  3. I like guns :)))))))))))))
  4. It’s mildly annoying to not have bullet calibers in a game because I own a variety of firearms myself.
Longer Explanation

The 1911 uses “Low Caliber Civilian” to refill its magazine, and the real counterpart, the Colt M1911, uses .45 ACP ammunition.
However, the Kryzkarek, being the Makarov PM, is chambered in 9x18mm Makarov and also uses the “Low Caliber Civilian” to refill its magazine.

That’s not supposed to work, is it?

2 Likes

I think it got renamed to the PDW because of name issues with the AAC Honey Badger SBR. I don’t see why the PDW could’ve been named after another badger species though.
(Same reason why the Desert Eagle has different names in various games)

(EDIT: The AAC Honey Badger has been declared an SBR by the ATF, fuck those guys btw)

4 Likes

Also, not to mention that a Honey Badger is also classified directly as a PDW.

5 Likes

It’s classified as an SBR by the ATF, @Aden

(God I fucking hate the ATF)

3 Likes

The ATF’s opinion doesn’t matter so it’s okay

5 Likes

I don’t care much for Ranger and Military because it makes ammo types really simple while also arbitrary. I’m totally fine with the new system.

5 Likes

I’d say if you really want to keep military and ranger classifications you could probably group the new calibers in ways like that or even mod the old system back in if you find a good reason to.

3 Likes

ok zoomer

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that you’re gonna miss the old ammo boxes.

If you want to revert back to the old system for UII I will have to strongly reject this idea as I am in favor for new calibers.

2 Likes

Unless you name the ammo like 5.56 Military, or 7.62 Ranger, but that would be confusing, as some “Military” and “Ranger” weapons take the same ammo

2 Likes