How do you guys think Staff on Official Servers should be decided?

I guess I agree with you, but what sort of requirements would you expect then? You need to add some sort of requirements, otherwise literally everyone will be able to apply, and it’ll take to long to properly go through the applications?
If you were to create such requirements, what do you think they should be?

1 Like

Staff should not be subjective and treat everyone the same, not abusing his powers, 18+ years old, have enough unturned multiplayer game experience.

It’s interesting to hear this point of view. Although I somewhat agree that staff shouldn’t be ■■■■■■■■ and treat players like shit, I believe the staff shouldn’t be obligated to have their loyalties to the player. Rather, their loyalties should lie with the actual guidelines and regulations, not towards any individual or individuals.

Their job is to maintain order, not to kiss ass and “customer is always right” kind of thing. As a server manager, you should understand this. You probably wouldn’t be happy if your staff members were to bend rules and exploit loopholes in order to satisfy some players. Would you just give perms to anyone just because they asked nicely? Of course not.

3 Likes

A staffs job is to enforce the rules of Official servers, enforce any rules steam may have for Unturned, and help further the development of Unturned. Their job isn’t to be loyal to players.

1 Like

Your ‘‘requirements’’ say the opposite.

3 Likes

Explain how pls?

2 Likes

Server staff shouldn’t cater towards individuals just because you want to please them or they demand your respect. That’s just corrupt, and makes you highly biased. Ironically that would create problems for the official server regarding reputation.

6 Likes

I just genuinely think staff members with /ban and /kick will just never work and brings problems worse than hackers potentially circumventing the anti-cheat. I would rather just hope BattlEye works out decently rather than just giving random people permissions in Official Servers. Do an Overwatch-type system if we must, just god forbid not staff.

TL;DR: imo no staff in official servers, but staff in non-official works out fine so people can do what they want in their own servers.

Which ones say that? I’ll go through them all and see if I can guess.

Not this one.

Not this one either.

Nor is it this one.

Couldn’t be this one.

Doesn’t seem to be this one either.

I mean I guess you could somehow construe that to mean that they’re supposed to be subservient to the players, if you haven’t read it or any of the other suggested requirements, but it’s a little bit of a reach, don’t you think?

Actually no, that one at the bottom means they were subservient to the game itself, as opposed to just players.

1 Like

That was my point.

2 Likes

Ah my apologies I did not notice. Well then yes I ageee with you.

1 Like

I highly doubt there will be moderators on official servers ran by Nelson

I mean, it really depends on the players: if there are a lot of cheaters that happen to bypass the anti-cheat, then there should be a handful of staff that can deal with it.
If there are no cheaters and nobody can get past the anti-cheat, then there should be no moderators since it’s kind of pointless.
(assuming that you have to pay for the official server pass)
Also, you have to think about the fact that people will have to pay to get in those servers. Not a lot of people will want to lose money.
this could be it’s own topic or at least part of the massive topic that is “the subtle problem of abuse official servers”

2 Likes

We need a better anti cheat by default, and maybe more than one? So VAC + EAC + another better one, and all 3 need to be up to date and fully functional. In terms of staff we don’t want or need too many on each official server

1 Like

I don’t think having 3 anticheats will be the best solution.

1 Like

So what is the best solution?

1 Like

VAC doesn’t really count as an anti cheat though, seeing as it only functions as a cheat blacklist (which is fucking pointless if only one person is trying to blacklist cheats… if CS:GO could barely manage to make it work with the entirety of valve with them nelson can’t make it useful for unturned alone).

VAC + something else can work though. But three anti cheats is too much tbh.

Check the other post regarding the Anti-Cheat. i think it is called “Better Anti-Cheat”. Someone made a very good solution there.

Also, VAC is effective in most games, especially in CSGO. Just read the statistics.

1 Like

To be honest, I have not thought of a process on how exactly mods are made.
Just that the key virtues I’ve suggested, although subjective, are what ideal moderators should possess.

No implication of trial mods.
I think “trial mods” are no different from “average moderators” considering the responsibility they hold is the same. And I think moderating should not have a competition as they all should follow the common standard of fairness.

EDIT
This is assuming the situation that server moderators will be implemented.

1 Like