Idea for the gun part system

i have seen on this forum that many of you are for the idea of splitting up gun parts to make guns more rare and don’t get me wrong i am totally up for this. i am a bit confused though because if you know there are zombies comming and you have a gun you would want it to be ready to go and not go like ‘‘oh there are zombies just let me disassemble my gun so i can’t defend myself’’. you get me? this is my idea (sorry if i am too stupid to get that this was the idea innitially). you can find gun parts but also guns that are ready to go so if your lucky you can find a gun that is already fully assembled.

thank you for reading.

1 Like

Why would you disassemble your gun when your being chased? (The only reason i would do that is if i didnt want people to have my gun…)

2 Likes

To remove some parts that would allow fully automatic firing, such as the sear on open-bolt firearms, or parts that are not required for the gun to function in order to save weight, such as the dust cover.

3 Likes

The firearm component system isn’t becoming more complex to make things more rare. The main benefit behind this is that we get vastly greater in-depth customization that is reflective to that of guns IRL. The others have already brought up the counterarguments I wanted to make, and frankly, I really don’t see why there would be a problem with this.

Most guns would likely be found in operating condition, anyways.

You’re not stupid, but this was the idea initially.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.