Ideas for a France Remaster

Whether I do a medium map, a complete rebuild large map, or a copied and tweaked version of the existing map, the France Classic map will stay as-is and any new content would be on a separate map for players to check out. I feel like that’s the best course of action

I also feel like a tweaked copy of the existing map wouldn’t offer much novelty and new interest really. I do have a few ideas right off the bat I’ve got:

• Remove Verdun airbase and turn it into WW1 trenches?
  • Buff Satory GIGN spawns to be the de facto mili base. Ex: Fusilette and Rubicon are added to spawn tables
  • Le Mans turns into a raceway and the hospital moves to Bordeaux, which now would serve as the only hazmat suit loot location (Flamanville and Marseille become high deadzones)
  • other than that the rest of the map would stay mostly the same. NPCs would be a pain in the ass to correct though.

Maybe someone else could take those ideas and roll with them. I could help test or provide input. I’m quite liking this condensed Washington-inspired medium France layout I’ve got going and it seems the community wants a return-to-form to that style after years of large maps and total conversion content

2 Likes

Would be nice if you include 4 to 5 preffered base locations (either bunkers, already premade terrain aka cave / rectangle mining site thats a perf fit for a base or someone has to do a global quest that changes the map by making you get construction materials to terraform a place in whatever way you implement it either making a bunker location just flatten the ground or mine into a mountian)
Unturned is nice, but its too easy to raid and im talking about vanilla, so a base location that would let you build less and have a main loot room with 2 or 3 of the walls unbreakable making it less work to honeycomb 1 to 2 more layers than usual would be good (more people would bother making bases).
Global quests that do change stuff in the map would also be cool because a lot of the quests take time to finish if theres global ones everyone will get to do them at some point, but it would’nt have to be a chore every time you play the same map on a different server since someone else who has not done the quest ever will do it if you dont feel like doing it or cant at that moment (like if the quest is somewhat difficult) those quests could be anything from the terraforming for base locations to creating a deadzone, or perhaps creating the safezone that would be a normal zombie infested location at the start of the server).
Also if you do remake france more quests (perhaps making the map a bit larger would be cool also introducing some sort of fast travel if you have some quests finished) The focus weaponry was nice and i think some sort of next tier base building material should be introduced (not sure what others will think about it but im thinking alien walls) above the rest of the building materials.

In my medium France map there are already plans for a limited amount of uninhabited castles, shacks, barns, and cabins (within reason). Having prime base-building spots is a good idea I’ll keep in mind too. I don’t think its possible for a quest to update the maps terrain however…?

what’s up man i’m french i can definetely help you out on some stuff.
dm me for more info if you want

Yup it’s real, I loved how when it’s popped up people gaslit the OP into thinking it was a plyer killed with the frost kill thing.

1 Like

Will your map be based on France as a whole or are you thinking about making a specific place from France (Normandy, Provence, etc…)?

France as a whole. Initially i was thinking of doing a regional medium sized map of the French Riviera but the French building assets dont fit the region well it seemed. There is currently no drive from the France team to update said assets, although I wonder how much work it would be to make them all have alternate colors… gray vs tan/pink… man we totally should’ve done that

I’ve always loved france as a map, and would totally be open to a remaster of it, that being said I would like more progression to it, (a slight move away from vanilla progression) i’ve always liked the progression most recent curated maps have done

I would totally like the idea of more quests to do, instead of just the quests on the island, the idea of perhaps a extra safezone with other NPCS would be nice, like a survivor safezone.

Perhaps you could add some custom-animals which could be designed as hostile-survivors, like how elver did with their cultists, or how Buak did with the anomalies.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.