Item portioning, medical effects, more food

Improving consumables in several ways.

Portions (Consuming items multiple times)

Pretty simple. Allow the consumption of items be repeatable by a set amount. This allows large items to be much more cost-efficient in terms of inventory space and food/water content. This is compensated by the amount of weight it has, where it is also reduced depending on the amount left.

Using food/water that can be consumed multiple times will still let you hold it until all of it is gone.

Some examples of these items:

• Chocolate Bar (2 portions, gives 10% food each for a total of 20% food)
  • Blood Bag (2 portions, gives 25% health each for a total of 50% health)
  • Bottled Water (2 portions, gives 20% water each for a total of 40% water)
  • Large Bottled Water (3 portions, gives 20% water each for a total of 60% water)
  • Bread Loaf (6 portions, gives 10% food each for a total of 60% food)
  • Egg Carton (6 portions, gives 5% food and water each for a total of 30% food and water)
  • Cake (6 portions, gives 15% food each for a total of 90% food)
  • MRE (3 portions, gives 30% food and water each for a total of 90% food and water)

Medical Effects (Temporary bonuses/penalties for using items)

In 3.0 some items heal broken bones, restore immunity and restore energy. That’s pretty much it. Maybe in 4.0 there should be reworked to give slightly different but much more long-terms effect instead of instant effects. They cannot stack however, anything longer will overlap the current duration

Examples below. Note that most may retain health/immunity /energy bonuses, some are reduced or removed.

Bonuses:

• Painkillers/Morphine - Grants 10% damage resistance for 2 mins/4 mins
  • Energy Bar/Energy Drink/Adrenaline - Grants 25% stamina recovery and -25% stamina consumption for 30 secs/1 min/2 mins
  • Medkit/Splint/Morphine - Grants +100% bone recovery rate for 1 min/2 mins/4 mins
  • Antibiotics/Vaccine - Grants 25% infection resistance for 2 min/4 mins
  • Heatstim - Grants 50% cold resistance for 5 mins
  • Rag/Bandage - Removes minor bleeding, reduces bleeding grade by 1 (e.g. Moderate > Minor)
  • Dressing - Removes minor/moderate bleeding, reduces bleeding grade by 2 (e.g. Major > Minor)
  • Suturekit/Medkit - Removes any form of bleeding

Penalties:

• Addiction - Grants +10% effect/duration for addicted item and -25% effect for other items for 10 mins (Consume same item 3 times while timer hasn’t reset)
  • Hallucination - Strange visions for 1 min (Consume certain berries and certain drugs)
  • Broken Leg - Cannot sprint or jump and grants -10% walking speed for 2 mins (Fall from great heights)
  • Minor bleeding - Small health loss for 1 min, -1 hp per 10 seconds (Receive >20% damage from 1 hit)
  • Moderate bleeding - Moderate health loss for 1 min, -1 hp per 5 seconds (Receive >40% damage from 1 hit, overlaps minor bleeding, becomes minor bleeding when expired)
  • Major bleeding - Major health loss for 2 mins, -1 hp per 2 seconds (Receive >60% damage from 1 hit, overlaps minor/moderate bleeding, becomes moderate bleeding when expired)

More Food (Just more food… like more cooked variants of an item)

Not much to explain, there should be more food for more diversity. Other than that, there should be also:

• More cooked variants of a single item such as Baked Potato (Potato), Omelet (Egg), Toast (Bread Slice), Toasted Loaf (Bread Loaf), Cooked Corn (Corn)
  • Some items can be crafted into pieces such as Bread Loaf > x6 Bread Slices, Egg Carton > x6 Eggs, Cake > x6 Cake slices
  • BRING BACK BRAN CEREAL
15 Likes

yes
bring it back now
now.

This too I guess.

Sure, I guess. I’d accept a longer bleed time if it’s going to be a more gradual pain.

Support because I’ve suggested this too and that is all I need to be biased. Immediate stamina replenishment is not as useful tbh.

5 Likes

your support is not good enough

2 Likes

the only thing i could possibly say about this (other then outright approval obviously) is that perhaps each portion of an item could be able to give different amounts of different effects, and the player could select which portion they wanted to use

for example a suturekit could have 3 portions - portion one could heal all bleeding, portion two could heal broken limbs, and portion three could restore an amount of health

these portions could each have their own unique names with their (de?)buffs listed underneath them

that might be a bit much though. good job.

1 Like

Clearly you took a while to carefully think this suggestion through. Good job!

Interesting as a concept. Kinda works with the idea of being able to stack some items again, but having portions like that makes it feel like we’re stacking a variety of goodies.

If that makes sense. :thinking:

2 Likes

If that makes sense.

it uh

it does not

sorry

Hmmm…
WHERE IS MY VODKA???!!!

1 Like

Having Russia map without Vodka and Germany map without a large(a huge) cup of beer is a insult

1 Like

You say what I think.

But to reply to the topic : in the trello wishlist is a point that says that some injuries must heal by stay stationery. So for example: you broke a bone pretty hard. You can not jump or run anymore, but you can still walk slowly. Without a splint, it will take about one or two (ingame) days to heal when you stay stationery, the time it needs would depend on the game difficulty, your skills and the level of the injury (light injurys need rather time than hard injurys). It won’t heal when you walk around. When you use a splint, you will have to stay, too, but it will speed the healing up

1 Like

More punishing than my idea, but interesting. Probably missed that part in Trello.

in the trello wishlist is a point that says that some injuries must heal by stay stationery.

Well, actually…

It says that some MEDICATION can only be used while stationary. Which means

Without a splint, it will take about one or two (ingame) days to heal when you stay stationery

Is false. It would ACTUALLY be more like using a splint would take 5 seconds and you’d have to not move for those 5 seconds.

tl;dr: you based your suggestion off a fundamental misunderstanding of an item on the trello wishlist. rip

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.