It's been like a month since the December blog post! Where's the next one?

Sorry for the break! I haven’t gotten too much done recently what with the busyness around Greece’s launch, Stat Counters, etc, but I’m refocusing on it for the next little bit.

Recent additions of note include bullet penetration and textile variation (for example there’s one t-shirt item, but you can find it in any color with different materials like plaid or checkered, probably dyes along the road), and I’ve been further refining the attachments systems following feedback to use different types of rails rather than specific slots.

I’m excited to hopefully have another post ready sometime in the next couple weeks!

25 Likes

Sounds exciting - take all the time you need. I’d much rather wait another year for an awesome game than wait a month for a rushed one.

Also, on the recent emergence of this topic - it has been roughly established that 4.0 will be more hardcore in terms of survival mechanics, immersion, and overall game difficulty. I’d just like to say that no matter how many complaints you may hear out there, most of us regulars would definitely love to see 4.0 become the most hardcore iteration of the game. I hope that you don’t feel the need to water down any game mechanics that may seem daunting or over the top to the less experienced. Unturned should, at least in my opinion, be a game with a high skill ceiling and in-depth mechanics throughout the game for the best quality possible.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: also hope you enjoyed your break. 100% understand working on Unturned full-time isn’t easy.

5 Likes

Will lapis lazuli work as a dye?

/s

3 Likes

Thanks!
Definitely, not going to relent on my vision for the game while of course still taking into account feedback and suggestions. One goal is to make the game as mod-able as possible so that the base game can be deep hardcore survival while still supporting casual community-created gamemodes like deathmatch.

9 Likes

I really like the dark looking atmosphere that was in the 3rd dev blog post. And have you ever thought of changing up your update schedule. Like an update every 1 month, or 2 weeks.

don’t apologize for the break, you deserved it frankly

sounds like you’ve been doing a lot of cool stuff - the attachments in particular caught my eye

i can’t really say anything that @GreatHeroJ didn’t already, so just keep being you

6 Likes

Your break is well deserved. What’s good is that you’re taking your time for the new game’s development with all the hype around it.

I think @GreatHeroJ has already covered about what I would say

Looking forward to the new devlog!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for some screenshots :smiley:

Better get the bran cereal or it’s double detention.
Petition to Bring Back Bran Cereal?

/s

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 28 days. New replies are no longer allowed.