Jumping out the window

I think we could be able to jump in glass windows breaking and crossing, this would be a good action feature, you would run and jump so the window would be broken, some glass are tougher than others so it would not be a concern for a group to create a house with sturdy glass, this would not only apply to players, turneds with the ability to jump can also do this in some cases.

When we jump the window we have a little bleeding, and depending on the height we can die thanks to falling damage.

12 Likes

So just be able to vault through windows?

That seems alright I suppose, but I think that there should be a low chance to bleed instead of it being guaranteed everytime; or it can be determined by how much the player is wearing (thick clothes will prevent scratches while thin clothes won’t) or something akin to that.

As you stated, Bulletproof and maybe One-way glass won’t be able to be destroyed by just jumping through it, which is good, it means only weak-glass is susceptible to vaulting.

Also the Turned being able to jump through windows sounds pretty spooky :cold_sweat:

7 Likes

Ah, yes. Defenestration. This would fit in nicely with vaulting and rolling on impact.

1 Like

for some reason i imagined a fat zombie Kool-aid man crashing through a wall and yelling “OH YEAH”

1 Like

Rip NarcolepticHound
11 Likes

The special turneds will not be able to cross metal, stone, bricks, just the basic glass
@GreatHeroJ

1 Like

It would be cool if there is an animation where your caracter attempts to still jump trough sturdy glass and you bang your head on the glass and maybe take 1 dmg or something

I like the idea, but I think it can be complemented, for example, and if in addition to just skipping windows, we could also skip low walls or other barricades (like boxes) that would not be possible to overcome with just the normal jump.

Maybe a turned Ghost :smiling_imp: ( ̶B̶r̶i̶n̶c̶a̶d̶e̶i̶r̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶e̶)

@TigerSurvivor The idea of ​​the post is to jump, break through and through the windows, the ability to climb low walls and hold onto the edges is planning for the future.

So I guess I did not understand the proposal of the post. I figured it was something like, when you get near a window click on space and it would have an animation of jumping the window, just like in PUGB.
I ask for forgiveness for hesitation.

Turned and players jumping out the window ( or inside a building ) would be extremely cool .
Is unturned II turning into WWZ xD ?

WWZ actually has several good mechanics that Unturned could borrow from.

Technically defenestration would be throwing someone else out a window, and I’m not so sure I’d want players to be able to pick eachother up and throw eachother out windows. Maybe if there were fully fleshed wrestling mechanics, or if it could only be done to players in some sort of down but not out state then it could be alright.

1 Like

Like this?

4 Likes

Arguably, you’re throwing yourself out the window.

It is

@TigerSurvivor put in the moment 1:20, literally shows what I mean

The climbing features are planned, you can see this in Trello

Adding a series of vaulting animations for different height objects would be a nice addition all together and it could include jumping / smashing trough windows and I definitely see this as adding another layer of complexity and realism to the game . Love to u Nelson <3 .

3 Likes

Basically Friday the 13ths mechanic where you can jump through windows?

(sorry for the second reply)

Oh, that would be fun. Imagine walking through a house and a zombie jumps through the window towards you, then murders you.

Basically yes, but with some suggestions seen here, I thought of something with less damage, where depending on the height and your skills, you fall roll and stand, this skill would be like I imagine the skill “parkuor” in unturned II, without It’s just a skill that lets you jump higher im 3.x