Keys for the doors

Adding keys for certain doors. The vault door needs a magnetic key, the metal door needs a manual one, and the jail one needs a key like for the handcuffs.

1 Like

…but why?image

1 Like

To make maps more interesting

I can’t imagine a reason more vague than that tbh

5 Likes

I assumed this was for the player-made barricades, considering:

• The three doors listed are barricades (in U3).
  • The metal door does not have a map object equivalent (in U3).

The post assumes the jail door of all things will return though. :man_shrugging:

• Since the post assumes stuff in U3 will be in U4, if it was talking about map objects then the post probably wouldn’t have been made (or worded the way it has been) due to Germany’s Fernweh Prison.

Thinking this is a good thing to separe players with more time and players with less time from items because players with less time dont go have the keys to enter in this places.

That’s kind of a flawed reason, because you choose who you play with.
So, by teaming up with other players, you’re accepting that even if those people play less than you you’re all still a team and share all loot.

And if you don’t want that, play alone.

Looking back on this I can see that he was just suggesting lockable doors, not locking actual non player made doors.

Ok elaboration time

I just assumed he was bringing something interesting to the table instead of the Nth post on locking your doors. As I think zero said having some locations barred off until you get an item (that would be there for every player to prevent only one person having access) Example: Having to find a keycard in some area and then using it to open up a secret laboratory. Would be a decent way to do more loot progression.

I have zero clue whatsoever at what you are getting at here, are you saying that teaming is bad because you can share loot with people???

To clarify: I believe @Sirba was saying that non-player-made structures with locked doors wouldn’t actually stop new players (new to the server) from getting the loot, since they could just team with someone who already has the keys. Zero was saying that it would (even though the suggestion isn’t about that.)

But people could team up and get the subjectively best gear in the game without even needing to loot, so whether or not that counterpoint is good is debatable.

2 Likes

I see thanks for elaborating

That argument could apply to pretty much anything, i.e players can help other players with zombies, so I dont think its very valuable.

Not quite what I meant

I’m saying that if you’re going to team up with another player and you two build a base, you assume the loot they store in it will serve for both, even if one plays more than the other.

If player-made doors are going to have locks that only serve for one specific user (ON TOP of metal variants being group-restricted) might as well not team up in the first place.

I don’t think @Zero was talking about player-made doors, hence my assumption about what you meant.

2 Likes

aw shitimage

1 Like

Guys, i was talking about default doors. For example, In PEI there is an Island with a prison: the doors of the cells are loked by keys that you find in the control room. I think that will be a little more difficult, so this can be only in servers that are at a normal or hard difficulty. In easy mode servers there are no keys.

Or in easy difficulty you could spawn with keys that match your profession.

No i don’t think that is great for who plays alone. Teams will be a lot more advantaged.

What?image

A player with a certain profession can open only certain doors. If someone have a different profession and he decides to team with someone that haves another type of profession (police and spec ops) the loot for the 2 guys would be a lot more OP and easy to get in comparison to the player that plays alone.

1. Simply opening a door shouldn’t give OP loot regardless.
  2. The keys would need to be fairly accessible for players who didn’t spawn with them (whether they are playing as the wrong profession, or on a difficulty where they don’t spawn with any keys)
  3. If you can unlock doors for other players, then it gives an advantage to working with other players, regardless of whether you spawn with the key or not.

You know clyme, your ideas are… innovative, but you need to explain them well. This idea IS great, but you need to have sort of a bit more logic. The Speakers post you made was a true train wreck. Im Pretty sure if somebody spawns with the given keys would be OP because they could save the keys, build up enough raiding gear, and easily raid the base.
Like i said before, Works on Paper, not good in Practice