KoS is not a problem, stop trying to solve it

This, just this.

As the leader of the anti-banditry nice people KOS is definitely a problem. Mainly caused by fear of loosing loot. If it were easier to approach people then perhaps it wouldn’t be much of a problem.

What the FUCK have I witnessed. This topic blew up almost as fast as cannibalism.

it only blew up cause of a small argument broke out

I can guarantee that’s not the problem anymore. The problem is, among (if not on the top of) a bunch of other already mentioned stuff, the kind of mindset that the OP tries to sustain.

@RedCo I’d like to now what is so surprising. This entire theme has been hot for days.

I can garauntee you, me with 5,000 hours and relentlessly trying to be friendly towards people, is a big problem.

I wrote about it on that lucifer post -

Ok sorry sometimes when I type I kinda skip over words. Weird issue of mine. Basically what I’m saying is KOS isn’t an issue in most survival games but is in unturned due to the way the system and combat works. Theres no real way to defend against KOS besides being super careful but even then you have people in ghillie in a bush or in a tree 300m in a way sniping you. Im saying that if we want KOS to stop being so hard to combat we need to change the way PVP works, one way to do that would just make weapons do less damage or, make it less health based and more bodypart based if that makes sense. I.E leg, walk slower ect ect. (There would still be a health bar but it would coordinate with what parts of you are injured). Basically right now pvp is just whoever gets the first shot. And with KOS that is very annoying because theres real no way to protect yourself with strategy or “skill”.

Ya know… P9nda liked this post… I wonder why…

/s

In all seriousness, he seems to be a decent guy. Though we all would rather 4.0 goes back to being a survival game, instead of staying in the annoying pvp genre. Though if you want to pvp, you can still go back to 3.0 very easily.

We dont need 4.0 being entirely pvp based again.

3 Likes

I meant explicitly about the fear of loosing loot as the main cause of KoS, not about killing on sight not being a problem like OP said.

@ArcticArcher thanks for clarifying, it makes a lot of sense now.

The combat system is one of many causes discussed over time since the topic was put over the table. Overall combat mechanics need a true rework, and it would help to reduce KoS, but not by itself but along many other very suggested measures, so that a geared guy doesn’t chase and gun down 3 freshspawns across half of the map just because.

yeah there is. You fight fire with fire obviously. Somebody shoots you, you shoot back. Somebody’s raiding your base? you better hold off a good defense.

A Company made a shit game and leaked all there customers info through refund tickets? hope your not on that list

Ok yes because in unturned when someone shoots you, unless its like a shitty gun you don’t really have time to react. If they don’t have shit aim you’re usually dead before you know it. And base raiding isnt rly KOS thats just well, raiding. When I talk about KOS i mean for example just going into town to grab some food or whatever and someone just randomly shoots you, you can’t really defend against that if they’re well hidden and they have a decent gun. I mean as long as they are patient enough everyone is an easy target.

Unless you hotkey med-kits and Have a superb headset and excellent hearing, then you’ll be able to track them from a mile away. and yes sure if it is a shitty gun you do have time to react, giving you an advantage. Even if its a Timberwolf or any sniper, they have to aim and take time to get the perfect shot.

Dude, a player will shoot at anything. a zombie, an animal, a player. its the norm in any old unturned server. manage to fight back and well enough you win.

yeah, you could. if your in a town, and have a line of zombies after you, you could always look back and see that the player is right there, aiming at you, giving you an advantage because you time and are paying attention to the zombies and your screen happens to see the player.

I’d also like to point out that considering they’re in a town, they’re going to be shooting at zombies. So, its either a 50/50 chance of killing him and getting rewarded greatly, or taking the bait and dying.

KOS isn’t a problem per say, but it definitely needs to be discouraged. This can be done via harder PVE gameplay, better end-game related shit (that isn’t PVP-focused), less vehicles that directly encourage PVP, etc.

1 Like

Whatever, I respect your opinion but it’s really no use to debate whether or not unturned has fair combat because it’ll just you be telling me I’m bad or explaining how it is fair and me saying it’s unfair. I do agree with most of what you said but I still believe the current pvp is mostly just whoever gets the first shot. But in other situations I.E base raid, CQB combat, or if you’re prepared to fight, the PVP is fine it’s mostly just RDM that is what i’m talking about.

KoS is a blanket term, the kind of situation that you are in determines if it was necessary or unnecessary violence. Freshie on freshie violence is for example unnecessary, and usually happens out of pure malevolence and not out of self defense. Armed on freshie violence too. But armed on armed violence is justified, because it is better to be safe than sorry, and cut down the threat immediately.

Hey, that’s a deR0gATory TeRM

Is unturned the single survival game that has this " kos problem " or are we are making a problem ?

It happens in every single survival game with PvP allowed, but in many of these other games there are usually more things to do and to worry about that just killing each other.

It’s a problem for Unturned because around 95% of player encounters end like that, no matter what you’re carrying. Also that there’s a worrying percentage of people who jerks off on their killcounts and neg. rep. and claim to be better at the game than everyone else just because they manage to kill everything they see, like as if this was some sh*tty free browser shooter (some of us expected more from 3.0, just MHO).

If you want a PvP based survival game, then buy the beauty known as EFT (I’d appreciate if somebody names more examples; I’m poor af so I lack of references).

1 Like

oh my god, you actually have a brain!

people with brains are rare nowadays…

what is that piece of flesh in my head then.

probably a tumor
/s

5 Likes