KoS is not a problem, stop trying to solve it

a primitive version of a brain

If so, then it must be a combination of both of your brains.

2 Likes

I like how you guys are just throwing insults at each other at this point.

2 Likes

Its called

FAMILY

1 Like

Yeah, people are always talking about realism in UII, and KOS is part of that. In a real apocalypse survival situation, there would be tons of KOS. Hows that for realism.

Yeah but IRL ppl would KoS for loot, fear, their own lives… Not for their f*cking YouTube channel or getting a killcount/neg. rep boner, c’mon.

in a real world apocalypse there would be cooperation, the average person wouldn’t kill a random half naked dude “just because”
ask yourself, could you kill a random person out of no real reason?

so comparing real life to unturned is simply stupid

3 Likes

My point is that most of the stuff that makes us feel that killing people wouldn’t be okay in a real life apocalypse is completely non existent in Unturned, therefore making it acceptable.

Really tasty debate here !!
Between 2 session of modelising, i also thinks about Kos.

For me Kos is not a problem until it isnt just slaughtering naked people at spawn point. Or Camping for hours in mili base just too grab some kill. ( Or adding barbwire on cars so you just have to drive to kill lot of people ). All of that being toxic behavior.

However, having gunfight with another geared (less or more) people is really enjoying ( but stressfull as hell ^^ ). Its not just like in other FPS PVP game where you can die and then just repop with stuff. Here you lost absolutly ALL ( loots and skills ) So that make PvP really more “fun” than a basic FPS (CS, Call of, … ).

Its also true to say that there isnt more things to do when you re geared. End game would be boring if only Pve. Even MegaZombie are “easy” to kill ( 1 AK with full drum and that it ) Quest are provided by Amazon/80’s MMO ( go here, kill N zombie, bring back Items, … ) Constructing base does not attract every player so appart from Pvp there is no much things to do.

But as said OP, why would we want to stop KOS ? For me , stopping toxic behavior would be far enough. To avoid toxicity and make Pvp more fun :
- PvE harder = make gunfight in city harder.
- Remove the reputation visibility
- Add curb gun mechanic.
- Weapons should be harder to repair.
- Limit team to 3/4.
- Dont allow construction on vehicle.
- Make mili loot’s spot really harder to stay in for long time. Just come grab and leave.
- Make more “safezone” (where u can trade/discuss) but not at the far corner of the maps
- Maybe bigger maps so people doesnt intersect often ?
- Maybe protected spawn point ?

4 Likes

To refresh my view n this after seeing what others have said, KOS is still not a problem to me, it just depends on the way the player handles it and the reason for doing it, like others have said, killing naked people is really pointless and just plain cruel, but doing it for loot, that’s another story.

Meanwhile 3 months later

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.