Less menus for Unturned II

I feel like it would be better to have more of a focus on binding keys to actions rather then having to open 10 different tabs in game. its just cluttered and makes things tedious in my opinion let me know what you think.

4 Likes

I like the menus in inventory, but I think there should be buttons for putting attachments on guns.

I don’t see why they would be mutually exclusive. Currently, in Unturned II, you can swap magazine attachments through the attachment menu, through the inventory menu, or through keybinds, and this works well both for controllers and mouse+keyboard.

2 Likes

You can’t simply bind keys to actions as advanced as selecting which rail of a Quadrail handguard to place an attachment on (or even how far down the rail you want to move it). The attachment pane (T) and preview pane (inventory) do a sufficient job for this already, though the UI can definitely be improved.

As for actions in general, I can guarantee there’ll be no shortage of more important things that actually need a key to be bound to. Regardless, both are able to coexist, so if there are more keybindings, the interfaces can stay either way.

In essence, what Harvest said.

2 Likes

you’ll probably disagree with me, but I like how the attatchment menu looks in 3.x. If there were a more detailed version of that with weapon customization that would be cool.

1 Like

Isn’t Unturned II’s basically the same though?

EDIT: With the exception of the attachment hooks now being arranged in a radial, which is due to the issue of overlapping hooks.

The only change I’d suggest is making it so that rather than have the square move while the player is moving, the line moves in that case. It’d be more stable.

1 Like

I only meant to say that hotkeys shouldn’t entirely replace any of the menus. If I implied that the menus in Unturned II are perfect, it was entirely accidental. I too prefer the appearance of the attachment menu in 3.X, but I think there were problems with lining attacenmt slots up to their locations on weapons when weapons move around, there’s no maximum size that weapons must fit within, and attachments can be daisy chained off of eachother.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.