Lets Discuss Factions

*I’d like to start a discussion about factions and how they should be implemented in the games. Heres my take; A system similar to fallout new vegas where there is a reputation system with factions. We need to do quests and similar things to get +ve rep with faction doing things against them will lead to -ve rep.

*Another thing I’d like to have is to make player made groups a bit more systematic, they can make their own flags and ally with NPC groups and the actions of members will be noted by NPCs, It should also be possible to fully integrate you’re group with NPC faction, like as a squad or a small subgroup. Also NPCs should be recruitable these npcs will be unnamed generic representatives of a group who work for the player or can be set to do patrols.

A few kinds of factions that can be added are:

1. Military guys: Hardcore, unkind and kinda imperialistic but ultimately standing for the good
    of the world.

2.Cultists: They are under the control of a entity or the pathogen itself, however they are sentient and act, behave and plan like normal humans. They’re goal is the total infection of the human race.

3.Bandits: well they’re Bandits

4.Illuminati: In the shadows controlling everything, they’re motives are unclear can be a hard to get to but ultimately rewarding faction.

5.Independent settlements: Cities not under anyone’s control; they rule themselves or so it seems.

1. Surviviors: Not really a faction these are random NPCs who live somewhere and can be recruited.

7.The Lords of War: Arms dealers and manufacturers not really a big faction but have quests and getting in their favour gives players access to weapons and rare items.

8.Woodsmen: A bunch of people living in the woods alone and disconnected from the rest of the post apocalyptic society.

9.The Coalition: same as from U3 just a bit more powerful and a tad more ruthless and cunning.

1. Mercenaries: Ruthless and will do anything for cash, they should be hireable.

*The factions should fight for territory with aid from the players, the territory they control depnds on the actions of players and their contributions to them. Also player made factions should also be able to control territory. Players however should be not able to completely destroy NPC facton however the same is not applicable for player made factions they can be eliminated completely ie. they dont control any territory anymore:

• Please note that i dont intend for all these factions to be in the game i was just giving a few ideas for factions.
1 Like

ONWARD, WARRIORS OF THE MONOLITH. AVENGE YOUR FALLEN BROTHERS. BLESSED, AS THEY ARE IN THEIR ETERNAL UNION WITH THE MONOLITH. BRING DEATH TO THOSE WHO SPURN THE HOLY POWER OF THE MONOLITH

3 Likes

DANGEROUS MUTANTS! DEADLY ANOMALIES! ANARCHISTS AND BANDITS! NONE SHALL STOP DUTY ON ITS TRIUMPHANT MARCH TOWARDS SAVING THE PLANET! STALKER! THE WORLD FEARS THE ZONE’S EXPANSION! JOIN DUTY, AND SAVE THE INNOCENT!

1 Like

i shall say the list is good but you went a little far away with cultists and illumati
also territory control, we are no playing GTA San Andreas

1 Like

The La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo?!

freedom is better

1540466923_1faf01169722470106b2237f05c606b5e471d22b974644061a57484b7d60e009
ЗА МОНОЛИТ!

1 Like

@anon42100029 @The_Futurist

1. Cultists: They are under the control of a entity or the pathogen itself, however they are sentient and act, behave and plan like normal humans. They’re goal is the total infection of the human race.

What I hear:

Grabs shotgun with malicious intent

Guys the factions i’ve given here are basically some common faction types we see in games i just listed em out, its upto Nelson to decide which ones.

Oh god that would be really beautifull to have the illuminati have some documents detailing the origins of the pandemic of the zombie virus and stuff maybe nelson can use the illuminati to hide hints about the lore of the game!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.