Looting and Progression

Here are some ideas regarding looting and item progression:

1. Less variety of firearms that spawn
  • by this I mean, less of having a pool of rifles to choose from in a military base - IMO the player should be lucky to find a standard issue assault rifle. military bases should be more like locations to find different types of ammunition and crafting materials. If you are really lucky, you will find an assault rifle. This would be more realistic to the apocalyptic feel.
  1. More craftable firearms
  • I guess Rust is good at this, but instead of being able to craft an MP5 or AK47 the craftable fierarms should look makeshift. With this mechanic I would hope players would rather craft their weapons as it would be easier than finding them. I was thinking like a craftable bolt action rifle, assault rifle, and double barrel shotgun.

Less variety of firearms that spawn

by this I mean, less of having a pool of rifles to choose from in a military base - IMO the player should be lucky to find a standard issue assault rifle.

so what you SHOULD have said was

Firearms should spawn far more rarely

This. I’m a bit confused on what he’s trying to say here.

A bigger variety of firearms makes finding compatible magazines (and in turn, ammo) harder, and therefore overall makes looting more difficult.

More makeshift weapons would definitely be nice. The makeshift ar would have to perform pretty poorly, though.

1 Like

Yea my bad. They should spawn more rarely - and there should be a lesser variety of guns to begin with.

I don’t understand why this is necessary though, since that just makes it ultimately easier to find the same weapon and its magazine, therefore negating that it’s rarer.

3 Likes

that’s true

Exactly my post up until I realized he was talking about rarer spawns and not reducing PvP and KOS, so I deleted it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.