Maintained Linux Multiplatform Support

So recently I had a few bad experiences with good ol’ Windows, …aaand I decided to switch to Linux. So far it’s going pretty good, (using Manjaro Linux 18.10) and I’ve been using it as my daily driver. The OS is great, and it’s literally what I’ve always wanted from Windows, but never gotten.

One thing that bugged me, however, was the atrocious support for Linux that games were providing. Sure, it wasn’t that popular of a choice when it comes to gaming, but a lot of potential lies there for development. I guess what I’m asking for is for Unturned II’s Linux (and MacOS) support to not be an afterthought… but rather a part of the main development process.

I’m not just saying this out of parania, but rather judging by what Unturned 3.x did for its multiplatform support. Most of the time the world would be filled with small visual glitches due to the partially neglected support for the OpenGL renderer on Linux.

I don’t have much experience with it myself, but it was the same for MacOS. I had many friends who owned Mac computers and wanted to get into gaming, and the first game I would show them would be Unturned, to the disappointment that the game either wouldn’t run, or the grass in-game would just all be green rectangles.

So yeah, tldr… please try to keep platforms other than Windows alive, some of the gamers I’ve met would really appreciate it, and so would I.

:+1: Love the private beta so far, can’t wait to see how the game will turn out.

1 Like

When I tried running Unturned on Ubuntu I couldn’t even get a decent frame rate and there were all sorts of issues I came across just after loading in. The usual issue I got was the entire game being a different color for some odd reason. I may not play on Linux or Mac myself but I enjoy the idea of games that support as many platforms as possible for the minority that uses them instead.

It is intended that U4 will support Mac and Linux better than U3 did.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.