Make SMGs/Pistols/Shotguns great again

Ahem I’m a little late, but oooh you’re missing so much. I very much agree that the SMG needs to be improved by raising the rate of fire or something else. But I don’t understand where these comments come from saying that shotguns are weak and SMG too, even about pistols I don’t agree. Lets start from SMG

1. SMG’s - we got some weapons that are realy deadly.
    Scalar - nice secondary with amazing firerate and accuracy.
    Peacemaker - holy cheese its a small machine gun, If you need to block someone with bullets - it’s best way
    Honeybadger - chink chink and you gona be dead in 90% of cases. Personaly for me it’s even beter then your “OP” Maplestrike cause it have integrated silencer and bigger fire rate
    A nice thing if you are good with shooting, but has a small ammunition

All this things are realy deadly if you know when and how to use them.

1. SHOTGUNS - they are defenetly not weak, yes we can do them more comfortable to use, but it could make them OP
    Devil’s Bane - crazy demonic armagedon deathmaker
    Sawed-Off is a really good thing. We call it “Fixer”, when someone tries to kill you in close combat, he changes the whole picture. Two shots are fired extremely quickly, and if you’re accurate enough this is permanent death to your enemy

So I realy think that the only problem with shotguns is someone’s crooked hands and a terrible aim

1. PISTOLS - yes they’re weak. But in this game we have two of them that are realy amazing
    ACE - 3 body shots - dead; 2 head shots - dead; 1 shot in head - scared and unable to fight
    Desert Falcon - same thing like with ACE

But to summarize, many specimens from these categories are very miserable and useless. And it’s sad

I think people mean to say that they are weak compared to the AR’s. And given the option your going to use the AR over any other class, unless otherwise forced to. I think changes can be made to gun-play to allow other guns to be more effective then others in respected range zones.

Cause lets be real your have a peacemaker, scalar, ace, bulldog, empire, devil’s bane, or Maplestrike/Zube your going with the AR. The only gun I would choose over the AR would be devil’s bane if I new someone was in a 1x1 or small building.

Those guns are not useless but are only really seen in your primary/secondary slots if you have no other gun. Peacemaker great early game gun, second you get a rifle that gun is flung out the window or in my case scrapped. Especially since so many guns share low-caliber military, but for U2 we already have different calibers for different firearms so that will definitely change up gun variety.

Again like you said the ace is great…to get gear when naked. Once geared you throw it to the side or stow it in base never to see light again. Me and my friends call it the trusty ace cause of how many times we have killed players to start our snowball. But never will anyone carry it as a sidearm unless using something bummy like the Sportshot.

We can never make every gun in the game great. Some will just be bad like the Sportshot, but smg’s are never a main weapon, when given the option over an AR. Calling Card is the only SMG I have ever taken out when end game geared.

I mean why do people use pistols and SMG’s in real life? Because there quick and light. A pistol should have a quick draw time from the hip and quick ADS speed, along with SMG’s. A pistol would have a utility even when an AR is present. Someone sneaks up on you or is acting fishy and you need to draw quickly, the pistol can be flung out faster than the long barrel AR. Like I said above SMG’s should have more accurate hip-fire and be generally lighter offering a different type of game-play.

I think that’s the main point as well of this post is to see different types of gameplay be viable. Quick fast hip-firing room clearing SMG action and fastest gun in the west pistoleering. I don’t want to see everyone using different guns for the sake of diversity but to have more options in game play. Run and gun or calm and collected. Will I sacrifice ADS speed for accuracy or will I sacrifice range for faster fire rate.

Like I said not every gun will be good, some need to be bad but I think classes should have a more rock paper scissor thing going on then how it is today. Yes SMG’s are decent in 3.0 but do not excel in close quarters like they should against an AR. There class should be used for a reason, not a backup.

I think also concerning shot guns, they should see a range improvement. Great up close but anything 15m away is out of the question. I think this also depends on the round being used and the barrel choke. Would be cool to see a shot gun choke allowing for tighter spread and longer range, or slugs. Those options change the game play up for shot guns and could used in a lot more situations or even carried as a main firearm. Games like deadside and Rising Storm Vietnam give shotguns there true powers. They have damage drop off and the obvois spread of the pellets making them a lot more viable but still balanced.

Like you said they are not weak but I don’t see a weapon (SMG’s mainly) being OP in its respected zone . Up close it should be OP, but at mid range should greatly fall off and not a long range gun. OP guns are the Maplestike being good over other classes as close/mid/and long range. And instead of just making the AR bad the other guns should see there lime light in there designed roles.

Just introduces proper penalties to long guns and give compact firearms a niche.
Ez fix.

3 Likes

The only reason I say shotguns are weak is the piss poor range, Yes I know their range has been buffed but still, and the fact that accuracy actually makes them worse, The bluntforce actually becomes a 40m timberwolf when you have max skills, and if you miss that first shot then you’re dead, Unless the other players is god awful you are going to die.
And the amount of times i’ve clipped people with 3 or 4 pellets and they just can still fire rly accurately after having half their body shot is just stupid and a whole other problem lol

not a submachine gun, it’s a pdw/carbine

Calling card is pretty crazy too

I personally find that the bluntforce works quite well in CQC

I think DF still does more damage than the ace so it has better chances against armored players
Ace outclasses DF for most zombie encounters though, excluding megas

1 Like

It’s an assault carbine, PDW is just a buzzword that people toss around to get people to but their products.

PDW may just be a buzzword but it defines what the weapon is better than SMG or carbine. What would you classify a P90 as? I’m pretty sure that one is considered a PDW as well.

PDWs are normally carbines tho

It is, in fact, classified as a PDW alongside the Honeybadger

Isn’t that just saying “all PDWs are SMGs”?
It does make perfect sense for the P90 though but for the Honeybadger I can’t see it being classified as an SMG

No, that’s not what I said. I said, PDW is just a buzzword that is tossed around to get people to buy their products. It’s not a firearm classification.

My bad, I misunderstood and thought you said PDWs are SMGs.
Would a Honeybadger be classified as a Carbine then?

I want to correct myself, was fooling around with guns today on the beta shooting range and found in fact the sniper can travel farther. IDK about bullet travel time but the sniper’s 500m is not the same as the Eaglefire my mistake. Maybe I was bad at shooting today but the Eaglefire did seem quite inaccurate at its 500m ass well. But when using the sniper scope the Eaglefire 500m is further down on the scopes bullet drop indicator.

(Sniper Rifle) I put the car next to the targets to put in perspective how far it is. Kinda got in the way of the reader on the scope but this 500m.

(Eaglefire) Same target but with the scope has changed for the gun.

Very nice to see.

2 Likes

This is a game, not a real life.

No, it’s a PDW. It’s certainly not an SMG, and i’m pretty sure it’s not a Carbine.
Or maybe not, I’m certainly no gun expert.

Some SMGs could be used as secondaries, giving them utility as PDWs with a sniper.
Shotguns could have some of the spicy stuff:
*Fletchette, a low damage armor piercing shell that goes through walls pretty well.
*Hunter Slug, a heavy round that deals high damage and aimpunch. Fires a single dense projectile able to go through walls.
*AP Slug, a heavy rare round that trades damage for armor penetration and even more wall penetration.

Yes, it would be a carbine.

Would calling an extra-short carbine a PDW be fine with you then?

A carbine is a shortened rifle. Making the carbine any shorter doesn’t change its classification.

It’s good to see the Eagle isn’t accurate over all distances, But I don’t think it should just become noticable at 500m, Not sure if it does before, Haven’t done it myself, I do think that it should reach that distance however, But I think there needs to be a way to stop them being amazing in close range, They should still be good but not so good you can spray 100 rnds into someone easily, Let me just explain it easier.

In Bf1 you can become suppressed when shot at, Same here in high adrenaline situations, making your gun shake, tunnel vision etc, Making players be a lot more careful, as you would be in real life, Now obviously this mechanic was made for a shooter game not a survival game so some tweaks or a flat out different idea would be better, but I still think something like this should be implemented.

1 Like