Arena is a pretty fun gamemode that shows off Unturned 3.0’s PvP quite well, in my opinion however, it can feel a lot more fun and rewarding.
Let’s start with my first concept.
Making winning worth a damn.
I made some concepts for what an Unturned-styled win screen would look like.
These would have menus to open statistics of the match. For example:
- How many shots were fired
- How long the match lasted for
- Amount of damage given/taken to and from players.
Another concept we could implement would be a cosmetic given to the player after completing the ‘Champion’ achievement. Similar to the hat given to the player when completing the tutorial.
Then come the misc. and quality of life improvements.
- Adding a kill counter
- Adding a timer for the play area shrinking
- Making the play area shrink a lot faster, this isn’t a Large or Medium map, so it makes sense for more fast paced and hectic gameplay.
- EDIT (forgot to include): Adding a spectator mode for the love of God please do this Nelson it’s the most barebones thing here but it can help with not getting bored.
Also- a bit off topic but here are some newer Icons/Levels for Alpha Valley and Monolith if you give a damn to download them.