Map Editor material indexes

My material palette currently contains 15 materials. Even though I set a custom material index for an object and then copied and pasted it, it received a -1 material index. Isn’t it better to keep the material index that was previously set on the object?

This isn’t a major issue, however I thought that if I select for example 6 same objects and set some material index, it’ll change it for all of them. Wouldn’t it be good to be able to change material index for multiple objects at the same time?

I don’t think anything in the editor currently supports interactions like this (changing the properties of multiple objects/assets in a group selection at the same time), but it’d probably make sense for this to be a feature.

This seems like an oversight, since other properties are correctly copy-pasted for other assets/objects.

EDIT: An issue for this specific part of your topic has been made on the GitHub repo. Material Index isn't kept when copy-pasting object · Issue #3708 · SmartlyDressedGames/Unturned-3.x-Community · GitHub

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.