Map Sneak Peek #3

Small military-controlled factory and industrial port area. Next post I will be showing the military clothing, as well as a few more shots of different locations.

1 Like

That looks pretty cool! I like the sky roofs.

Thanks, man. the brown platform is supposed to be a helicopter pad, and i may add more containers and other stuff.

By the way, I was wondering if you guys thought I should make the map into an island or island chain, or if I should keep it as it is. i was thinking that an island could fit the theme better, but I was wondering what you guys thought.

• Keep it land-based
  • Make it an island or group of islands.

0 voters

didn’t mean to vote on it, ignore that

Personally, I really don’t like how this place looks. The map just from these past photos looks really incomplete with no bouldering and really weird location placement.

weird location placement how? i haven’t linked roads up to the areas yet, and haven’t put all the trees yet, and I haven’t started doing full-on boulder work. Post 1, 2, and 3 are just giving a brief look at the buildings and streets, and not the landscape. How should I go about making it look better, though, aside from boulders, do you have any tips? this is my first committed project on the editor, sorry if it looks shitty :grimacing:

Apologies for not specifying. I meant stuff like this; Capture

You can see the land going onto the dock object and it just looks bad. And I understand things need polish- but then you (at least in my view) shouldn’t be posting incomplete works to the forum as it makes your map look worse than it already is.

No map is perfect, but you can start by learning how map design and by extension location/object placement work. Make sure to use the flatten tool on areas you want to make locations on if you haven’t already and hell, maybe even make some custom materials if you really want to feel like it.

I can’t really give you an entire tutorial on this stuff but there are plenty out there, I feel like I gave you some basic insight, but go ahead and add onto it by learning yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

okay, thank you. and yes, i tell myself that i shouldn’t be posting incomplete stuff, but then I think that I can just post the updated and polished versions. i kinda want to post things like updates I guess, so updates on the progression of the map. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.