Maps - New and Old

So I was reading around in the pit known as old posts and people seem to want new maps. Why? I get there will be new maps but bringing back the more popular maps of 3.0 (PEI, Washington, maybe Russia if you’re feeling extra fancy) would be a good step towards maintaining the current player base. Even if it was later in production, a remaster of these maps would be nice using new models of all the buildings. There is nothing I love more in Unturned than hopping on Washington and fuckin around for 5 hours killing everything that moves, it would disappoint me to never be able to run around Seattle again.

1 Like

The 3.0 maps are small and rather poorly made for Survival and instead benefit from a PvP theme.

4 Likes

A large pei and washingtom would be awesome

I think 3.0 maps, the old-time maps. Should be left for the community to re-make. Not only it would be quite fun, it would allow Nelson to keep his focus on going forward and not backward.

Plus, I think it would be more fun that way allowing the community to remake maps such as PEI with the new assets.

3 Likes

Most of what i would ask for is a remastered version of PEI because it’s the heart of Unturned

4 Likes

Space PEI is actually the heart of Unturned.
/s

2 Likes

We don’t need another remake of P.E.I.

1 Like

Oh, we really need one, a definitive one.

oof

He might unexpectingly remake Skypoint :wink:

I think that there should be a whole map as a city, like Escape from Tarkovs upcoming map (streets of tarkov). There could be overgrown foresty bits like an unattended park or something.

I think it would be much better if we had one EXTREMELY LARGE map that Nelson will update sometimes and add some new cities (like in project zomboid), but I think it’s impossible because it will be very laggy

Except the fact that 4.0 will be more optimized to it is possible.

We need skypoint remade in 4.0

Nelson wants to change that in Unturned 4.X.

Well with the modding and server settings, he will still be able to do that.

But now at least now the pve aspect will be fleshed out.

1 Like

PEI in my opinion was poorly laid out and compared to “Canada 2” it’s terrible. It’s a PVP mess and it’s far too small to actually survive on. Everyone rushes to the military base to get a Maplestrike and then goes to shoot other players.

Washington is simply a better PVP version of PEI. Same mentality though, just rush to a military location and get guns. At least it has more land and content.

Russia, if you ignore how it changed up the weapon sandbox (and completely changed how ranger gear was portrayed, turning it into military gear instead of “bandit” gear), was a good step in the right direction, although it stepped a bit too hard. It had progression, sure, but the walk from the south to the north was extremely tedious (made worse by boulders being literally everywhere).

I honestly think we should step away from these maps. Obviously quality control will be higher in 4.0, but at the same time I feel a completely new set of maps would be great. Let the community release high quality remakes, with their own twists on them. I’d look forward to that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.