Martial Arts

i was joking, but ok

IKR , but it could be a mod :slight_smile:

Ah yes
Raiding bases karate style, jumping out of the corners to the roofs and kick a player from above
That’s the way of raiding bases in UII

But now jokes aside, it is a bloody good idea, but it could really use some simplifying. Out those 9 Martial Arts, there could be like 4 implemented? (/ ._.)/ Well, why? You may ask, because maybe it will a nice flavour to the game, but alot of players would forget sooner or later about most of them and will be always using 2 or 3 mainly, and the rest would be just untouched.

Hm, there are questions how martial arts will look like in UII…
Anypony remember GTA: San Andreas?

I’ll think it will be a little… just a little (being sarcastic here) wacky…

lel :3

1 Like

Here, have a clip from an old 1990s Chinese movie with poor editing

In case you were wondering, yes, a length of cloth has sufficient tension to maintain a roughly rigid rod and can punch through brick if enough force is applied behind it. Likewise, it is perfectly possibly to fracture a couple ribs and even crush someone’s chest.

Also, this movie takes place roughly around the time of the Chinese Revolution where Sun Yat-Sen, among others, plotted to overthrow the Qing Imperial government, and the guy who dies is carrying important documents, among them a list of all the revolutionaries and what would later become the flag of the Republic of China. Donnie Yen plays the role of a magistrate who is tasked with the investigation and capture of these revolutionaries, while Jet Li plays Wong Fei Hung, a Chinese martial artist and folk hero, and his theme is possibly one of the best and most fitting ones I’ve heard for a movie character.

Here’s the link for the full movie, subtitled, at the time of the climax of the movie, in all its cheesy glory and bad humor

And as you’d probably expect, they even have some named attacks.

I personally think this would be a pretty interesting thing if implemented in a good way. Then again, it doesn’t really fit the aspect of the game, and generally not the game itself.

Would be cool to have a few martial arts but would be hard to balance and would be rather confusing for everyone

Left click to punch

Yeah this is more of a “moddy” suggestion. I just always find killing zombies in U3 really boring in the end game, and obviously this would be fixed by making them more dynamic and dangerous, but I felt like cooler ways to dispatch of weaker ones would be fun. It is true that this would be pretty confusing if you are going in blind.

yes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.