Massive hordes every X days

Okay, so basically I got the idea for this from 7 days to die, where you get a massive horde every 7 days, and they get harder and harder each time. so maybe instead of there being hordes every night, how about every 5 days, a massive horde will attack you through the day and night (only saying through the day as well so the 7 days to die people couldn’t attack nelson with a copyright strike or something) Possibly if you weren’t careful, the place you defend could be utterly demolished. If you don’t defend it. And if there were npcs that could move into your base, they could help defend as well. there’s several posts that I wanted to make work with this so yeah. thats why I mention npcs. And fortifying a location, yada yada yada. thoughts?
tl;dr
Giant hordes every so often like 7 days to die.
edit, multiple people have had brilliant ideas so here they are.

And my personal favorite (no hard feelings guys xdxd)

1 Like

a thing that i have fear is zombies destroyng my base… dont place any exponencial to increase my problem!!!

well the reasoning behind this is to make you actually rush to build defenses, then get ready to defend yourself. its supposed to be hard.

I was thinking that after a certain number of nights, there is a chance for a horde to spawn. A very small chance, but it can increase each successive night, then reset when the horde is over.

1 Like

hmm maybe, but it would need to be dangerous enough to be a real threat. maybe a chance each night that you would get possibly hundreds of zombies happen, and after each one, the next time it happens, you get a larger horde? I dunno.

the problem with that is that there would always be the chance you would get swarmed by hordes EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. but of course, you would have to be extremely unlucky. No, now that I think of it, a certain day when its going to happen helps your be able to prepare. yes, your idea will always keep someone on edge but yeah. it would make the game much too hard.

It could start out at 0% for one week, and after a horde, it defaults down to 0% for a few more days.

And when i offline?!?

1 Like

most likely wouldnt attack your base. I mean more for singleplayer as well. you would only have a horde attack a base if it has players in it. if players are outside of their base when the horde comes for them… their screwed

well, unless the base has npcs in it. but if you have enough npcs, they will fight it off and probably repair the place for you.

Zombies should create hordes by themselves. Just make them able to create groups.

Really. When a horde spawns exactly when the game wants is kinda stupid. I like project zomboid’s horde system (If zombies are close to each other, they will create a group. Then they will walk across the map and reunite with other ZZs).

Edit: And one thing I want to say — Zombies shouldn’t know where’s your base. They should walk across the map until they find it.

3 Likes

personally, the reason I asked for this is because I would love to see having to prepare for a certain day, and fighting off a massive horde on that specific day.
imagine setting up lights in a hangar, setting up sentries and having a large barricade. along with setting up traps. if you dont do these your guaranteed to die. It adds challenge, and yeah we could do a lot of these other ideas as well.

Unturned trailer flashbacks intensify

2 Likes

yes… thats what I meant when I said that XD, actual survival of hordes. Instead of just plain zombies.

I say that stuff should be kept in a separate horde mode, because players joining a survival server are looking to play survival, and if they join during a horde instead, then they’re screwed.
Although having a set-up phase every few waves or right before the first wave could be a good way to get that preparing-for-the-horde feeling.

Yeah, actually it could be a server setting, where it’s like that? Or maybe say, no players can join during a horde. Or maybe zombies won’t target players who just barely joined if a horde is going on.

Was just about to ask you regarding people who just joined the server.
I would suggest adding a mechanic where the longer you survive, the more the xombies are gonna prioritize you over other people. We take a percentage of how long this player has been surviving compared to the rest of the players, then send the corresponding percentage of the horde towards this person

1 Like

Actually, that would work out quite well! Shall I add that to the post or no?

1 Like

Sure, go ahead

Yes, this is cool but…

ZZ hordes shouldn’t appear out of nowhere — it will be ridiculous!