Minor suggestions. Touch sence and mud

When blind- like if it’s too dark or you are blindfolded. Whatever your character touches shows up in a faint blue. This faint blue can tell you when you have hit a wall, to simulate touch in a video game. This way if trapped in a subway or a bunker with no light. Players have a chance to navigate there way out.

Second. Destructible top terrain. This would only be the first half a meter or so or even a few centermeters, and would reload back the same after a while. Cars could get stuck in this mud, deep mud in some areas. People would actually have to use appropriate vehicles for certain conditions. You couldn’t even try to drive a supercar or average Sudan through the mud. As I said this would regenerate the way it was originally and isn’t permanent. But prehaps some roads could be created more semi permanent with upkeep for large bases?

What do you guys think?

13 Likes

Okay, I just had a deja vu or I’ve seen this idea somewhere, anyway, I’m in favor (sort of).

I do not know if I understood very well, but … I am in favor!
But I think another way to add this is a barricade that can only be placed on some types of terrain (grass, mud or sand), but not on others (map / player constructions or rocks). This barricade will dig a hole like a trench in the grass (for example) that could be filled with mud you suggested (this is part I didn’t understand :sweat_smile:).

I like this a lot, and it should be something that triggers only when the player is blind or during dark enough night cycles just to avoid confusion in unrelated circumstances.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s what I ment. Or prehaps toggleabe aswell.

why in blue? I like the idea but it should show the color lines for some seconds after touching them, and objects close to the floor should not get colored so you can trip easily, also being close to the ground would make more closer objects appear. and if you can open something like a drawer the entire object would get colored

Cause it’s a cool colour. I suppose you could change it.

1 Like

I have vivid memories of being stuck in Belgium’s NPC cave system with like 8 other people with no light other than our Mythicals. This would be appreciated.

If light is simulated differently perhaps the “darker” it gets the less you can see this blue pulse could get dimmer. Depending on the surface the pulse could also be distorted, would be based on Physics materials to make things simple.

Not a fan of your mud suggestion though. Doesn’t sit well with me for what ever reason.

This would be perfect if only you had said: “Okay, I just had deja vu, I have seen this idea before”

if theres a 1,5% or 0,5% chance of having it another color instead of blue then i totally accept this.

It’s a nice idea!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.