Miscellaneous Movement Suggestions

Pulled out some spare time in the quarantine to make a suggestion post, unfortunately I don’t have time to make a detailed one with table of contents and all, so this is just going to a huge rambling list of stuff, in no particular order.

• Using single-handed weapons such as pistols and submachine guns that have their stocks retracted while on ladders.

• Sliding down ladders (sliding down a ladder on top of someone will knock them off the ladder).

• Going prone is not instantaneous.

• Holding shift while swimming to swim faster, drains stamina.

• Crawling on the player’s back similar to Battlefield V, works similarly to prone. Rolling onto your back is done by double tapping the Q or E buttons, which also flips your direction of movement (i.e, if you were crawling forward before, you’ll be going the opposite direction when you flip around).

• Holding one of the movement keys while in free-fall will initiate a roll when landing, significantly reducing fall damage.

• Vaulting and jump-vaulting over obstacles. Taller obstacles obviously take more time to vault over. Also, ledge grabbing.

• Explosions can knock you over into prone or on your back if they’re big and/or you’re close enough.

• Sliding and diving. The former for sliding through gaps and the latter for diving through windows.

• Melee attacks done while running carry more force behind them.

Alright, that’s all I got for today. Feel free to leave feedback on what you think, as well as any ideas of your own.

11 Likes

bind mwheeldown +jump

1 Like

All stuff i’ve wanted for years and haven’t seen many games do, massive +1

A lot of this stuff is already on nelsons trello here https://trello.com/b/ezUtMJif/unturned-4x-wishlist
But for things like diving through windows etc I think it suits games like dying light, I do like the idea of vaulting in the sense of arma, Not like a full on sprint vault but a small controlled vault, as I think the problem with 3 is it’s too fast paced, and UII should be a lot slower in my opinion.
But I agree with the prone suggestions, I think we need more realistic movement in the game, as rn it’s kinda static.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.