Modern Configuration Menus [mega suggestion]

After months of neglect, this post now rises up during our Great Depression! Stop complaining there’s nothing to talk about, because I have a list you buckets of shrubbery.

You know Unturned (version 3)'s system of handling the configuration menus? Its trash, and I’m sure you’ll all agree with me on that. I especially hate how its organized, so Unturned II’s configuration menus should all be available in the same spot (“Configuration”).

From there, there can be five tabs that make up the new configuration menus. Why five? Because the settings we’re used to are so underwhelming, so this time around I’ve planned ahead and got a whole bunch to suggest.

Maybe there's a better way to explain this suggestion to you...

You’ll want to expand these images.

The dimensions are 1920x1080, of course. There’s a few random “inconsistencies” you might pick up on, but don’t mind them. :wink:

So let’s start here, shall we?

At the top you can see the name of the current menu we’re in: the Configuration menu. Or, more accurately, menus. As said before, five tabs are near the top of screen. These can be clicked to, well, switch tabs. The currently selected tab has its colors seemingly inverted.

In the top-right is our [Back] button. In our bottom-right is our [Save] button. These are self-explanatory. (Trying to back out of the configuration menus with unsaved changes will initiate a pop-up asking you to confirm, after giving you a stern warning.)

Although it’s not demonstrated here, there is more than enough room around every UI element here so that, if Nelson desired, controller button icons can appear next to each of the normally-clickable buttons in case the virtual cursor is not enabled and players need to know how to navigate around.

Welcome to the Display.

We are in the [Display] tab right now. Let’s take a look at these options, starting with the Aspect Ratio.

The right sidebar is populated with stuff related to the setting you’ve most recently interacted with. If you expand on the image again, you may notice that some boxes on the left rail are filled slightly darker than others appear. These slightly-darker boxes are UI elements that can be interacted with directly.

The double-rightwards-arrows are basically a “drop-down” button, except in this case it expands rightwards into the right rail. The right rail is headed by the name of the setting being tampered with, followed by a short description of varying quality and usefulness. Then, your actual buttons for configuring the setting in some way.

• (If you were curious, the arrows are actually a Z Notation Schema Piping “⨠”)

Just an aspect of life.

Realistically, settings like these wouldn’t have a static table of options, but one that changes based on what your hardware can actually do. Regardless, I’ve made a static list for you all anyways. Plus, people want proper ultra-wide support anyways, so this is how we get Nelson to confirm it(???).

ASPECT RATIO R E S O L U T I O N S
Auto Detect (default)
3:2 720 × 480 1152 × 768 1280 × 854 1440 × 960 2880 × 1920
4:3 640 × 480 800 × 600 960 × 720 1024 × 768 1280 × 960 1400 × 1050 1440 × 1080 1600 × 1200 1856 × 1392 1920 × 1440 2048 × 1536
5:3 800 × 480 1280 × 768
5:4 1024 × 768 1280 × 1024 2560 × 2048 5120 × 4096
16:9 1024 × 576 1152 × 648 1280 × 720 1366 × 768 1600 × 900 1920 × 1080 2560 × 1440 3840 × 2160
16:10 1280 × 800 1440 × 900 1680 × 1050 1920 × 1200 2560 × 1600
17:9 2048 × 1080
21:9 2560 × 1080 5120 × 2160

So, I did throw Resolution settings into that table also, since they basically have to go together considering how codependent they are. You may have also noticed that one setting was marked with (default). Anything marked like that is my proposed default setting. In this case, the game defaults to trying to Auto Detect your aspect ratio, and then from there your resolution too.

And for once? The game should acknowledge the codependent nature of aspect ratios and resolutions. No more of just listing every resolution known to man, no… just every resolution known to that aspect ratio.

A resolute resolution.

And you know what’s annoying? The amount of people who change their resolution and then run to the forums for help because the user interface got all wonky and they can’t change back without special instructions. Yeah, that sucks. While most settings should only change after clicking the [Save] button, some should change beforehand.

After changing your resolution, an “Accept Changes?” pop-up occurs.

• You have made severe changes to your settings! Are you sure you wish to use these?

These changes will automatically revert in ten seconds if you do not manually choose to accept or revert these changes.

[Countdown from 10]

You must [Accept] or [Revert]. Failure to decide in those ten seconds will result in it reverting to the previous resolution.

Skim milk.

You’ve seen the first two settings’ sidebars, so let’s just skim through the next few as to not bore you.

• Display Mode
    Set your preferred display mode. Fullscreen mode can improve performance by not running background applications, but switching to a different application may take longer. Windowed mode has the game run in a window and continue to run background applications, rather than take up the whole screen. Borderless windowed mode looks like fullscreen mode, but is actually just windowed mode.
    • Fullscreen (default)
    • Windowed
    • Borderless Windowed

• Screen Refresh Rate
    The screen refresh rate represents how often your monitor changes the frame on the screen per second.
    • 59 Hz
    • 60 Hz
    • 75 Hz
    • 144 Hz

• VSync (Vertical Sync)
    Vertical sync (vsync) allows the synchronization of the frame rate with the monitor refresh rate for better stability. Enabling vsync can reduce screen tearing at the cost of frame rate, and can introduce input lag.
    • Disabled (default)
    • Enabled

The Screen Refresh Rate, like several other settings, is dynamic and only shows what your hardware can actually do. Take note that not everything has a default setting, and this is intentional.

Not everything is a “drop-down.”

Limit FPS
Locking your frame rate will cap your FPS, and not render beyond that cap.

Did you notice that the Limit FPS setting was toggled on in the second image? It was originally off, and when it was it slightly faded out the section too. That type of setting is just a simple toggle, except when enabled you can manually input a value (with no obvious limits as to high or low it can be). In this case, it does have a minimum of at least 30, but there is no maximum.

60 FPS is the default, but the setting is also disabled by default.

Moving on!

• Field of View
    The field of view (FOV) is the extent of the observable game world that is seen on the display at any given moment.
    • Slider: 60° to 100° (default 90°)

• User Interface Scale
    Scaling your user interfaces may help with issues caused by nonstandard resolutions.
    • Slider: 50% to 300% (default 100%)

• Brightness
    Change the brightness of the game.
    • Slider: -50% to 50% (default 0%)

Obviously, these aren’t normal “drop-down” settings either. These are sliders. You can manually input the value via the smaller box, or just drag the slider around.

Even more common than people messing up their resolution and not being able to play the game is people setting the user interface scale to something ridiculously silly, confirming it after they see it’s terribly broken, and then complaining to the forum that they innocently broke their game on accident and need help. So? The setting is getting caps in my suggestion here. 50–300% should be good enough for any display.

Houston, we’ve had a problem.

Except when it’s not enough, I guess. That’s why I’m suggesting some launch options too!

Custom launch options override default settings, and using the “Restore Defaults” button will take them into account when applicable. These should all be self-explanatory:

• -noconfigcaps
  • -w ####
  • -h ####
  • -fullscreen
  • -windowed
  • -borderless

No joke here. People have asked for color blind assist modes quite a bit.

The design for this one came out of the blue, but I dig it (obviously).

Color Blind Assist
Basic options to increase color blind accessibility.

The right rail’s stuff should be self-explanatory. The images are there to show you the impact of each color blind assist mode on that particular environment. There’s enough space left that people could technically add their own images via a mod, or even their own color blind assist options! Yeah… mod support for the configuration menu.

Color Blind Assist could have a few more modes than the few I showed. Protanomaly, Deuteranomaly, and Tritanomaly could also have their own options. Achromatopsia could technically have an option too, although I am unsure of how well that would work out.

Restoring defaults.

“Back to the basics.”

Let’s keep this section brief so we can “finish up.”

Restoring defaults is no joke, so games shouldn’t treat it as such. :] Want to reset a specific section? Now you can without resetting everything in the world with it! Woo!

If you don’t have anything selected to be restored, then the button is grayed out too (like the not selected sections’ buttons).

22 Likes
Hopefully you didn't get bored reading my post!

…Because it’s not over yet! :)))

Let’s keep this tab short and sweet, unlike the long and salty time spent on designing this scroll-fest that was [Gameplay].

Oh, and you can get a better idea about restoring defaults now that there’s more than just one section!

Gameplay over graphics.

This tab is a big lie and really just a glorified fashion-frame [Display] tab, but whatever. We’re cross that road when we get to it.

• Loading Screen Hints
    Toggle loading screen hints on or off.
    • Disabled
    • Enabled (default)

• Streamer Mode
    Streamer mode hides or anonymizes key information about the server you are playing on.
    • Disabled (default)
    • Enabled

• Show Ping and FPS
    Toggle on to display your frames per second (FPS) and ping.
    • Disabled (default)
    • Enabled

• Connectivity Icons
    Connectivity icons visually represent your current connection status to a server. “Poor” icons will only appear when you are losing connection, rather than all the time.
    • None
    • Poor (default)
    • All

Connectivity icons are something games just either do or don’t have. No real sense to it, but I’m cool with them, so in case you need a better idea of what I’m talking about…

My suggestion includes having icons for when your connection is stable, but those only appear when using the “All” setting.

Weight a moment!

“No, no, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.”

Distance: Toggle between meters (metric system), feet (imperial system), or yards (imperial system) as your preferred unit of distance.

• Metric (default)
  • Imperial (Feet)
  • Imperial (Yards)

Speed: Toggle between kilometers per hour (metric system), or miles per hour (imperial system) as your preferred unit of speed.

• Metric (default)
  • Imperial

Weight: Toggle between kilograms (metric system), or pounds (imperial system) as your preferred unit of weight.

• Metric (default)
  • Imperial

Temperature: Toggle between Celsius (metric system), or Fahrenheit (imperial system) as your preferred unit of temperature.

• Celsius (default)
  • Fahrenheit

I wouldn’t object to Kelvin also being available as a Temperature setting either.

Glorified coloring book.

I do object to this though… Never before have I felt this much paint.

• Font Color
    Customize the color of text. Also changes the color of scroll bars.
    • RGB Input (default 255 255 255)

• Alt Font Color
    Customize the alternative color of text.
    • RGB Input (default 0 0 0)

• Menu Color
    Customize the color used for menus.

• Alt Menu Color
    Customize the alternative color used for menus.

Menu Color” also affects the solid black rectangles around the scroll box and around the “Color Blind Assist” images.

• Menu Option Color
    Customize the color of menu options. Also changes the color of scroll boxes.
    • RGB Input (default 128 128 128)

• Menu Disabled Color
    Customize the color overlay applied to options disabled by an X mark (✗).

• Menu Selection Color
    Customize the color overlay applied to the currently selected option, as portrayed when viewing selection lists in the rightmost menu.
    • RGB Input (default 38 38 38)

• Cursor Color
    Customize the color of your cursor.

I’m not going to ruin my works of art just to demonstrate the Theming section’s truly ugly potential. You can imagine that all on your own.

• Cursor Outline Color
    Customize the color of your cursor’s outline.

• Crosshair Color
    The crosshair provides a point of reference for when looking and interacting with the game world.

• Hitmarker Color
    Customize the color of hitmarkers. Hitmarkers appear after damaging an entity.

• Critical Hitmarker Color
    Customize the color of critical hitmarkers. Critical hitmarkers appear when damaging an entity’s weak point.
    • RGB Input (default 255 0 0)

The fact I had to do one more scroll just to reach Hitmarkers killed me on the inside for months. Let that be a lesson for ya’ all… I took a bullet for you guys.

• Hitmarkers
    Static hitmarkers will appear at the center of your screen. Dynamic hitmarkers will appear in front of wherever the damage occured.
    • Static (default)
    • Dynamic

More color-related settings please!

With all these color-related options, there’d probably have to be an option or two just for changing how to the X mark and check mark look, since I’m sure people would love to use the ugliest reds and greens ever and indirectly hide those marks by accident.

Sorry for the sensory overload.

…But, graphics over gameplay!

I learned my lesson coming back to this project, and did not risk my sanity doing 12 scrolls worth of settings for this tab. Thank me. You’re welcome, me!

• Preset: Revert to a desired preset.

Presets take some of [Restore Defaults]’ functionality away. At the start of the post I told you that not every setting has a default. Here, not every setting has a preset. [Restore Defaults] restores settings that don’t have a preset default, and restores settings in selected sections back to the originally-selected preset before you customized it.

• Low
  • Medium (default)
  • High
  • Ultra
  • Custom (non-selectable)

This is your only image for this tab. [Video] just has too much for me to visualize all of it for you.

Before we get into the nitty-gritty, let’s talk about the [Run Benchmark Performance Test] button. Not too many games have this anymore, but a lot of (Valve-made) Source engine games do.

Run Benchmark Performance Test: Launches a hardware performance benchmark in a test environment.

Graphics

• Draw Distance: Draw distance affects how much of the game world is rendered.
    • Low (low preset)
      Medium (medium preset)
      High (high preset)
      Ultra (ultra preset)

• Foliage: Tweak foliage intensity, volume, and density.
    • Low (low preset)
      Medium (medium preset)
      High (high preset)
      Ultra (ultra preset)

• Water: Tweak water fidelity.
    • Low (low preset)
      Medium (medium preset)
      High (high preset)
      Ultra (ultra preset)

• Clouds: Toggle clouds on or off.
    • Disabled (low preset)
      Enabled (medium preset) (high preset) (ultra preset)

I speak for the trees foliage!

Foliage cannot be outright disabled anymore. However, that’s not the only change that could be made.

Rather than having the setting affect overall foliage volume and density, it could affect foliage fidelity instead (although the performance difference at that point would be quite negligible, so it’s not the best option).

Making bushes and trees more plentiful, which the same amount should be visible to everyone regardless of their settings, could also help, as then players wouldn’t need to rely on grass to hide.

Using bushes as cover can be further encouraged by making it so that players can partially see through the bushy foliage without any grassy obstructions in the way of their line-of-sight (but just in a small circle at the center of their camera).

Textures

Texture Quality: Tweak graphical fidelity.

• Low (low preset)
  • Medium (medium preset)
  • High (high preset)
  • Ultra (ultra preset)

Texture Filtering: Texture filtering is the method used to determine how a texture’s color is displayed on a model.

• Point (low preset)
  • Bilinear
  • Trilinear (medium preset)
  • Anisotropic x2 (high preset)
  • Anisotropic x4
  • Anisotropic x8 (ultra preset)
  • Anisotropic x16

Anisotropic x16 is stupid overkill imho, but it’d be nice if Nelson added it regardless. Adding texture filtering makes a lot of sense for Unturned II*, although it wouldn’t in Unturned (version 3) due to its art style being defined around point filtering.

Anti-aliasing

AToC: Alpha-to-coverage anti-aliasing (AToC) uses the alpha channel of textures as a coverage mask for anti-aliasing.

• None (low preset)
  • MSAA x2 (medium preset)
  • MSAA x4 (high preset)
  • MSAA x8 (ultra preset)
  • MSAA x16
  • SSAA x2
  • SSAA x4

PPAA: Post-processing anti-aliasing (PPAA) helps to minimize distortion artifacts, and can be used in combination with AToC.

• None (low preset)
  • FXAA (Fast approximate anti-aliasing) (medium preset) (high preset)
  • SMAA x1 (Subpixel morphological anti-aliasing)
  • SMAA Tx2 (ultra preset)
  • SMAA x4

I hope the short descriptions meant for the sidebar are helping with understanding some of these settings. Not enough games allow overlaying PPAA with AToC, unfortunately. Some forms of anti-aliasing basically do that itself though, so it’s whatever.

SSAA is stupidly intensive, and probably wouldn’t ever be made an option, but yeah. I imagine someone making forum rants about not being to run max settings if it was added. RIP. :ghost:

Lighting

Light Shafts: Tweak light shaft quality.

• Low (low preset)
  • Medium (medium preset)
  • High (high preset)
  • Ultra (ultra preset)

Shadow Quality: Tweak shadow fidelity.

• Low (low preset)
  • Medium (medium preset)
  • High (high preset)
  • Ultra (ultra preset)

Reflections: Tweak reflection clarity.

• None (low preset)
  • Low (medium preset)
  • Medium (high preset) (ultra preset)
  • High
  • Ultra

No more straight-up turning lighting/shadows off either. Although, it did make taking clean images easier. Perhaps a launch option can disable lighting/shadows, but only in single-player.

Post-processing Options

Ambient Occlusion: Ambient occlusion is a method to approximate how bright light should be shining on different parts of an object.

• Disabled (low preset) (medium preset)
  • Enabled (high preset) (ultra preset)

Bloom: Bloom is a graphical effect where light appears significantly brighter around the edges of an object, simulating an imaging artifact of real-world cameras.

• Low (low preset)
  • Medium (medium preset)
  • High (high preset)
  • Ultra (ultra preset)

Depth of Field: Depth of field blurs objects that are not in focus, simulating lens focus.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Fog: Fog is the effect of overlaying a color onto objects dependent on the distance from the camera.

• Disabled (low preset)
  • Enabled (medium preset) (high preset) (ultra preset)

Motion Blur: Motion blur simulates the blurring of an image when objects filmed by a camera are moving faster than the camera’s exposure time.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Chromatic Aberration Intensity: Chromatic aberration simulates a camera’s lens failing to converge all colors to the same point, adding fringes of color along boundaries that separate dark and bright parts of the image.

• Slider: 0 to 100 (default 25)

Film Grain Intensity: Film grain emulates the camera defect of the same name by adding gradient noise.

• Slider: 0 to 100 (default 25)

Replicating camera defects is stupid most of the time… but sure, I guess I’ll respect those who enjoy them regardless, and list their silly options. You’re welcome. >:[

Rendering

Multicore Rendering: Multicore rendering allows the utilization of multiple cores in the CPU.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Rendering Path: Different rendering paths have different performance characteristics that mostly affect lights and shadows.

• Forward Rendering (low preset)
  • Deferred Rendering (medium preset) (high preset) (ultra preset)

Deferred rendering is basically better in every way, except some potato-ware GPUs don’t support it.

Effects

Blood Splatters: Toggle blood splatters on or off.

• Disabled (low preset)

Debris: Toggle debris on or off.

• Disabled (low preset)

Blast Marks: Toggle blast marks on or off.

• Disabled (low preset)

Bullet Impacts: Toggle bullet impact decals on or off.

• Disabled (low preset)

Weather Details: Tweak the quality of weather details.

• Low (low preset)
  • Medium (medium preset)
  • High (high preset)
  • Ultra (ultra preset)

Ragdolls probably won’t even have a setting tbh, nor should it, but if it did:

Ragdolls: Toggle ragdolls on or off.

• Disabled (low preset)

I say this because corpses are an inventory now, so it needs to be consistent for every player on a server. None of this client-side bullocks Unturned (version 3) loves to do with stuff.

Man, *Unturned* (version 3)'s audio is also complete bullocks, ain't it?

Seriously, audio is weird. Make it more dynamic, please.

And give us a bit more to work with. Just enough that we can feel decent on the inside, but not enough that we can turn footsteps up to 1000% while everything else is muted.

Get with the times, old man!

Volume

Game Volume: Tweak the volume of general game sounds.

• Slider: 0% to 150% (default 100%)

Ambience Volume: Tweak the volume of ambient noise.

Music Volume: Tweak the volume of music.

Sound Plays in Background: Toggle background sound playing on or off, for when the game is not in focus.

• Disabled
  • Enabled (default)

Voice

Voice Chat: Toggle voice chat on or off.

• Disabled
  • Enabled (default)

Voice Transmission Type: Select your preferred method of activating outbound voice chat.

• Toggle
  • Push-to-talk (default)
  • Push-to-mute
  • Open Microphone

Inbound Voice Gain: Configure the volume gain on inbound voice chat.

• Slider: 50% to 150% (default 100%)

Outbound Voice Gain: Configure the volume gain on outbound voice chat.

• Slider: 50% to 150% (default 100%)

Test Microphone Input

Did you guys miss the frequent imagery? That’s understandable.

Test Microphone Input
Test your microphone input.

I’ll let these images speak for themselves.

Scroll up for the stopped version, if you weren’t paying attention.

But hopefully you were paying attention, because if not...

I will have taken control.

We’re almost done!

Seriously.

This is an image-free zone from here on. You have been warned.

First and foremost, our uncategorized setting:

Tobii Eye Tracking: Toggle Tobii Eye Tracking on or off.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Support for this is basically a given and planned.

Camera

Inverted look shouldn’t even be an option imho, but that’s because I’m a normal human bean, contrary to popular belief.

Inverted Look: Toggle inverted look camera controls on or off.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Inverted Flight: Toggle inverted flight camera controls on or off.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Camera Sensitivity: Tweak the normal camera sensitivity.

• Slider: 0 to 10 (default 1)

Aim Sensitivity: Tweak the camera sensitivity for when aiming down sights.

Zoom Sensitivity: Tweak the camera sensitivity for when zoomed in.

Zoom sensitivity applies to a variety of things. Binoculars… scopes……… telescopes… ya’know, Z00MB zoom-y things!

Mouse and Keyboard Options

These options only apply to those using a keyboard and/or mouse.

Raw Mouse Input: Toggle raw mouse input on or off.

• Disabled
  • Enabled (default)

Mouse Acceleration: Toggle mouse acceleration on or off.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

Acceleration Amount: Tweak the sensitivity of mouse acceleration.

Aiming: Should the key binding be held down, or only pressed once?

• Toggle
  • Hold (default)

Crouching: Should the key binding be held down, or only pressed once?

• Toggle (default)
  • Hold

Proning: Should the key binding be held down, or only pressed once?

• Toggle (default)
  • Hold

Sprinting: Should the key binding be held down, or only pressed once?

• Toggle
  • Hold (default)

Leaning: Should the key binding be held down, or only pressed once?

• Toggle
  • Hold (default)

Attachment Menu: Should the key binding be held down, or only pressed once?

• Toggle
  • Hold (default)

Controller Options

These options only apply to those using a controller for camera control.

Controller Aim Assist: Tweak the sensitivity of aim assist for controllers.

• Slider: 0 to 100 (default 75)

Virtual Cursor for Controllers: Toggle a virtual cursor on or off for when using a controller.

• Disabled (default)
  • Enabled

PROFILES

This guy gets a big section just for himself. Now, stay with me! This section is the main part of your [Controls]!

Set your default profile, create new profiles, and modify existing profiles.

• Keyboard and Mouse (default)
  • Steam Controller
    • “Drop-down” Button
      • Create Custom Profile
      • Import Custom Profile
      • Add Official Preset
        • Add “Keyboard and Mouse” Preset
        • Add “Xbox Controller” Preset
        • Add “DualShock Controller” Preset
        • Add “Steam Controller” Preset
    • “+” Button
      • Modify Current Profile
      • Rename Current Profile
      • Delete Current Profile
      • Export Current Profile

Alternative Profile
Set an alternative profile that can be used in place of your default profile. If splitscreen is enabled, the alternative profile will be used for the second player.

• Keyboard and Mouse
  • Steam Controller (default)
  • None

Okay. You catch all that?

You have two “settings” in the “Profiles” section. You have your normal profile, and your alternative profile. Your normal profile is going to control all of your typical key bindings. Your alternative profile will let you have a “second” (or, really, up to six but more on that later) input device you can work with at the same time (or alternatively).

When you are in split-screen, your Alternative Profile becomes your split-screen partner’s normal profile.

So, previously, we’ve had things like [Run Benchmark Performance Test] and [Test Microphone Input] on the bottom bar, alongside the typical [Restore Defaults] button. This section’s secondary bottom bar button is [Detect Input Devices].

• Detect Input Devices
    Scans the system for connected input devices.

Self-explanatory, right? It’s good for when you’re setting up Tobii for the first time, or for when you’re creating a custom profile and need/want to specify a particular input device.

So, let’s look at the “drop-down” options for the normal profile (the Z Notation Schema Piping button).

“Drop-down” Button

Want to create a new custom profile? It’ll create a blank slate just for you.

Personally, I’d prefer adding one of the official presets and working off that though, but that’s just me.

Alternatively, you could just import someone else’s control scheme entirely. Want to play with one of those Racing Wheel Controllers for PC? I’m sure someone will upload a controller scheme to the Steam Workshop. DDR mat controller scheme? You bet!

“+” Button

Okay, getting into the thick of it now. Four buttons, in a similar layout to selecting, say, a color blind assist option or your resolution. That kind of format, except spaced out like normal buttons, basically.

You can rename your currently selected profile. Self-explanatory.

You can delete your currently selected profile. Self-explanatory, with “stern warning” pop-up to confirm.

You can export your currently selected profile, and if it opens a file explorer hopefully it’s not as ugly and janky as Unturned (version 3)'s is. This button is important for letting you more easily upload it to the Steam Workshop.

Finally, you can modify your currently selected profile. This is the most important button here, okay? Clicking this button takes you to a new menu entirely.

Key Bindings

The revered “Configuration” text is replaced with “Key Bindings”. Instead of five tabs across the top, you have one long black bar with the name of your profile in quotation marks, suffixed by “Profile” at the end. For example: "Keyboard and Mouse" Profile

Your main rail on the left and the right rail that served as your sidebar have merged into one large menu, with a singular scroll bar on the far right.

This singular rail menu is headed by three bits of text: “Input Device #1”, “Input Device #2”, and “Input Device #3”. Below these are buttons, which cause actual drop-downs (not sidebars) that let you select an input device. The same input device can be selected multiple times.

Three input devices can be hooked up to one profile. If you were to use your alternative profile and not be in split-screen, that’s six input devices. If an input device is not showing up, your [Detect Input Devices] button is still on the bottom bar, for use at your leisure.

Below these input devices is the table. Three columns (that’s one column per input device), and a row per bind-able action. Key bindings can begin to be set through this table. The table is sectioned into several groups, separated by a general header row for that group of actions. The corresponding action to the row of key bindings is to the left, outside the table, similar to how the original buttons and sliders and such were showcased to you in this post.

With a [Back] button at the top-right, and a [Save] button at the bottom-right, you’re set to go. Save, back out, and marvel at the glory that is the new menu.

4 Likes
But some things just can't be forgotten.

Everything left forgotten… until now.

Mod List

A menu should exist that provides a list of the mods you’re subscribed to. You should be able to toggle them on or off while in-game, and you should be able to download mods while in-game.

The mod list menu should also be customizable by mods, so that’s content creators can make it so their mods can be tweaked by players manually, if they wanted. Servers would be able to customize mods in a similar fashion too.

Localization

Localizations could have its own menu, accessible from the main menu, or it could something located in the Configuration menu (likely in the “Display” tab).

Screenshot Size

Let players customize the dimensions of screenshots they take. Some games allow for this, and even a game like Unturned (version 3) could use it (given its special screenshot button).

Screenshot size should be customizable from the Configuration menu.

Virtual Reality

VR configuration would go in the Controls tab, if support is officially added for it in Unturned II.

Thanks for reading.

8 Likes

Congratulations, you have taken the cake for sensory overload.

Skill Overhaul Round II, anyone?

For reference here’s how the graphics menu looks right now:

29 Likes

Maxed out graphics? Okay, this is epic.

Ok, this is image

3 Likes

I’m personally still waiting for this

image monetization

2 Likes

image gamer moment

2 Likes

I peeves me that none of you bothered to crop out the little bit of the background to the right of the “EPIC” option

2 Likes

“autodetect benchmark”

lmao they all just took my screenshot vro

1 Like

It may be a stupid question … BUT HOW DID YOU GET THE PICTURE?

The original image from Nelson is literally in this thread 'fam.

1 Like

Tap / Click the image to have the bigger version pop up.
Tap / Click download

I meant how he changed EPIC settings to LOW, by photoshop or whatever.

I meant how he changed EPIC settings to LOW, by photoshop or whatever:abraços::abraços::relaxado::kissing_smiling_eyes::perseverar::perseverar::no_mouth::no_mouth:

Didn’t even notice that.

I’d get rid of full-width buttons and maybe add some more margin to these.
Cool orange color btw :slight_smile:

Like, specifically what he did for it, or in general how he ended up with the image?

You already answered your question if you meant the latter. He changed it the same way he changed 1920 x 1080 to “192x 180” and his resolution scale (just simple image editing of the original image).

Replaced the colored Epic box with the one from above. Added the orange coloring from a different box, and then overlaid a yellow “Low.” His image is also smaller than the original, which even if it wasn’t intentional it hides inconsistencies better (such as the lack of proper shading across the View Distance’s colored bar).

1 Like