Moving while items are consumed

Recently, about two or three weeks ago, while I was coming back from school, I was walking, I usually walk very fast, and I was thirsty, that’s when I realized that, while trying to drink water, I subconsciously slowed my walking. With that, I remembered that, in Unturned 3.0, it is possible to run while consuming items, such as juices and injections.

So, my suggestion is that in Unturend 2, if the player tries to drink water while running or eating, he automatically stops running and starts walking, until the action of consuming such item is completed (in this case, the animation).

In the case of medical items, such as injections and blood bags (assuming they are present in the game), the player should be completely still, or at least move very slowly, in the case of bandages and bandages, I believe that only a slowdown, as in the consumption of food items.

- What’s the use of that?

Leaving the player more vulnerable while he eats and heals, making him look for safer places to heal, thus making the game less fast and furious than in Unturned 3.0. Especially because, in Unturned 3.0, the player can take 99% of his damage life, but then he can, while running like crazy, spam dressing and, in less than 10 seconds, he is already full of life, and ready to kill as many players as needed.
It also brings benefits to turneds, as the exact same thing happens, as the player simply turns away from the turneds while spamming dressings, which reduces the danger of turneds, now with players having to walk while they heal, it will give the chance to the turneds reach him and eventually kill him.

Polls

When we talk about food and drink items, do you think that:

• The player can run while as using.
  • The player must be able to just walk.
  • The player must stand still.

0 voters

When we talk about medical items like BANDAGES and DRESSINGS

0 voters

When we talk about medical items like INJECTIONS and BLOOD BAGS

0 voters

Okay, this is my suggestion, what do you think of it? What do you disagree with? What do you think should change? I want to hear from you :smiley:

5 Likes

The healing animation in of itself is the tradeoff for healing. The player shouldn’t be punished for trying to heal while running. On the other hand, if can understand this viewpoint if the healing animation is splinting a broken limb or something similar.

2 Likes

Making Dressings usable while walking will at least make them viable for the late game as Medkits/Bloodbags will require you to remain stationary in a secure spot, sounds good.

I would also like to propose that Adrenaline shots can also give you a small amount of health while you are sprinting (or inject very quickly when walking).

7 Likes

I think as a PvP (and PvE) element, items such as blood bags and medkits should require you to be stationary. It makes combat a bit slower and more grounded, and requires more skill imo.

From a realistic standpoint itd make sense if you had to be stationary to put bandages on, especially when bleeding. I think in Unturned 2, bleeding should be a lot more prevalent, and bandages and dressings should give less health than they do currently; their use is to stop bleeding, not to regain health.

However, I think it is reasonable to be able to put bandages on while walking, as pork said:

2 Likes

In fact the player would not be punished, he simply would not be able to use them in motion, similar when the player runs with an equipped gun and he cannot shoot.

When you use a medical or any other usable item in Escape From Tarkov your character slowes down, want that feature in Unturned II.

1 Like

Maybe you can use a medical item that requires you to stand still while running or walking but it greatly decreases the effectiveness, to the point where it could get you out of a sticky situation with turned but won’t result in 3.0’s PVP problem.

It can also be interesting in the case of bandages.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.