Nelson, if deadzone had not been stolen

Hmmmmm…are those my people? :thinking:

3 Likes

yeah thats you

3 Likes

It was a good thing. Battlefield was the best Roblox FPS I played at the time, and DZ was groundbreaking for the genre (Tarkov etc.). However, all Nelson really did was set the groundwork on Roblox. For example, Deadzone remade was unarguably a better game with a more fleshed out economy, tighter community, expansive map, and thousands of items. If I were a betting man, I’d say seeing your own creation being manifested into something better than itself by another creator (who had to rob the original idea off of him) is enough to make someone want to abandon a platform. So basically, no copylock no unturned.

2 Likes

this dude knows battlefield from roblox, hes a certified G

2 Likes

I do not recall a debate of DZ and AR being similar at all. ARs devs would intentionally stray away from macro-functions of a game if they even resembled that of DZs. For instance, they excluded scopes because the only method of implementation would be the one Nelson used in Deadzone. In personal reflection too; I can confidently say they were leagues apart. The ONLY shared aspect was that if you scrolled out too far away from your character, your screen would go black and prompt you to zoom in.

4 Likes

You played AR2 yet? Still in Alpha but a lot has changed

God I’ve never wanted to unsee a line of text this much before

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.