New requirement for UII Beta access (Updated)

300 hours away! So close lmao!

It is supposed to be 100 hours within the next 40 days, which means they need to reduce it by 1650 hours within 40 days, so 41.25 hours/day. So hopefully within next couple weeks I can play this XD!
Any idea what the rate of reduction will be?

2 Likes

The hour requirement will reach a negative value by the year 4499 which also coincides with the price of buying a banana from Nelson and same day shipping from Calgary to Vancouver.

5 Likes

First reference to hours being lowered I could easily find was on the first of September. 29 (sep) + 31 (oct) + 17 (day of nov this post was made) is 77 days, requirement has so far been lowered by 650 hours which is a little less than 8.5 hours a day, meaning by Christmas if hours are reduced linearly the requirement would be about 1400 hours.

1 Like

Everyone who has never played Unturned before will have Unturned II automatically placed in their steam library and installed.

2 Likes

This is awesome! I can play II now, thank you guys for the opportunity.

1 Like

Yay, only 1494 hours left!
wait

1 Like

I would like to dab on everyone by saying I literally only have 6 hours yet I still got a key by shitposting my way to regular lol

7 Likes

To be honest, I donā€™t actually promote this type of closed beta, now let me explain it, I understand Nelsonā€™s thought of only letting the people who have played for an amount of time to get the invitation, however, as how the game is right now, an unstable game and still have many bugs to fix, I think having an open beta for as many people to join as possible will help the development of the game much quicker. As Iā€™ve said, I understand the reason why Nelson chose to do this, but in my opinion, for the good of the game development as a whole, having more people to join is a better solution, just sharing my thoughts thatā€™s it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly why the access is limited. There are already plenty of users (and with experience) that provide feedback to Nelson.

Both methods have their pros and cons but it depends on what Nelson wants. Using this method thereā€™s less confusion on why the game has almost nothing that can be done and instead of people complaining about bugs, people who have access have shown some sort of dedication or effort towards wanting to playtest UII.

1 Like

Ohh you dont say?

no
Open to everyone =/= actual feedback

A closed beta for trusted members = actual feedback

Having a surplus amount of people doesnā€™t really boost development. Sure there will be more people to catch bugs faster or increase the amount of potential feedback, but at the end youā€™re only bleeding potential followers slowly out of disinterest. Plus, consider that confused people would misinterpret the state of the beta for being too unfinished, leaving lower expectations and less support.

Donā€™t you think itā€™s better for most people to wait for a more complete game in the form of a late-stage open beta? Think of how more content would establish a better foundation for suggestions and feedback instead of the small content we currently have.

5 Likes

Yay only 1626 more hours to go

I donā€™t understand, why leaving this sort of comment just to intimidate people, just because I own a different opinion?

How is that intimidation ?

He very simply explained what has been said before. Giving access to everyone wonā€™t provide any better feedback, quite the opposite actually, a lot of people would just complain about the ā€œgameā€ lacking from everything and not being fully playable.

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes lot of sense now, thanks bro

1 Like

Yeah I get that now, but the way how he said it wasnā€™t being positive nor informative at all Iā€™m not trying to be an prick or anything, just trying to reach others opinions and learn a thing or two thatā€™s it

1 Like

ITT: Why did i not get key pls fix N0ls0N

Updated new hour requirements. It is now 1500 hours.

4 Likes

This is so sad can we get hold baker horde mode event 2020 January