Non-instant player acceleration and deceleration

In 3.x it goes from 0% to 100% speed in one frame. PvP is kinda eh with things like that.

6 Likes

…are…are you asking for mouse acceleration?
because generally speaking, that’s no good

1 Like

4 Likes

Your talking about movement speed acceleration, correct?

I believe that is what he means. He’s saying that players shouldn’t go from a complete standstill to a full sprint instantly, because it makes sneaky combat and picking people off from afar much more difficult and frustrating.

4 Likes

The alternative is that the player feels sluggish and unresponsive. A great example is the difference between Overwatch and Paladins. Overwatch is either moving or not moving (there is a small ramp up but it’s very fast) and this allows you to be more dodgy with strafing and traverse the map easier. Paladins on the other hand is as suggested by OP feels terrible to play, and to shoot against it’s very easy as the speed delay is about on par with the average person’s reaction time allowing people to have almost pinpoint accuracy. These removes a lot of skill from aiming and removes a lot of skill from dodging.

So, for FPS games, instant, or near instant, is way better.

The only thing wrong with your statement is that this isn’t (supposed to be) an FPS game

4 Likes

Hey, worked for CS:GO, will work for Unturned.

Unturned and CS:GO are vastly different games…
What works for one will not always work for the other.

3 Likes

I can see it working.

oh you meant walking

yeah okay i agree

1 Like

I see what you mean but done in Unity it gives a really weird “Icy” effect

The main problem is 100% of the time. Whether it’s jumping, swimming, or running.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.