NPC Companions

Hello! I’m Korean and I’d like to share my ideas about NPCs for Unturned II
So, I really like the ideas of NPC in the game, it gives it a nice flavour, but I always missed something like a NPC “companion”. So my suggestion is to add NPC companions to the game, you could get them by doing quest for them or hiring them for maybe experience or money (finally would be a purpose to check cash registers in Unturned…). When you would have hired a follower or something, you could check his inventory by yours. Like your inventory slots and then next to it, your companion’s. If press [insert button here] on your follower/hired gun/companion then some cool-looking menu would show up with some options like “Dismiss” “Stay” etc.

Thanks for reading my post, and sorry if somebody suggested it before me :expressionless:

9 Likes

Why did you put everything in italics?

1 Like

Idk, just because I like this sort of text format. It looks nicer for me atleast…

1 Like

Eh this is something I feel is more suited to an RPG like Fallout or Metro 2033, not Unturned.

1 Like

Can’t deny that it is more suited for RPG games, but sometimes you need try out new things

It would be cool to get NPC help for example the coalition grades could be more useful like doing missions in a squad or being the leader of a squad or even being in the bandit/anarchist/survivor groups and doing missions together.

3 Likes

I don’t think this should be in the base game, Support for something like this would be nice. NPC camps are neat but sometimes I don’t wanna see npcs everywhere, Sometimes I just avoid NPC bases as a whole (they are distracting tbh). Having ones that follow players around would ruin my immersion of everyone being real in the wild. Thats just what I think.

1 Like

Exactly! I would love to have a little squad of NPCs following me around and helping with stuff <3

Well, there could be an option to disable NPCs :stuck_out_tongue:

That seems like a bad idea. If we gave servers options as drastic as that we would never see NPCs ever.

That’s unfortunatly true ;-;
But still, maybe some kind of UI handling of NPC locations, like Liberator on Russia map, therefore no NPC camps thrown around everywhere, maybe one or 2 camp far away from each other (Why Liberator? Because there is no other reason to go there if you don’t want to do quests)

Renamed to “NPC Companions” in order to prevent confusion with other NPC-related topics

2 Likes

Cool, thanks :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice for People that dont have friends, like me

but i actually like the idea, thing about not only that you would be able do to epic horde beacon battles but also for Rp and stuff, so you would not have to pay 50 somethings to a sniper thats called “XxXx-LololGamer3000xXxX” that actually doest know how to snipe.

1 Like

Yee xD Know the feeling… These fake snipers are at every server in UI

I think unturned II is aiming to be more RPG and survival instead of just kitpvp

1 Like

Yeah, Nelson mentioned that UII will be more focused on survival and PvE not PvP

Just so we’re clear though, PvP will still most certainly exist in UII.

Also I feel like NPC companions would be very easy to cheese, glitch out, or generally experience unintended consequences with. Let’s be honest, coding AI is no walk in the park, and Nelson doesn’t seem to have that much experience with it compared to devs in games where NPCs are prominent.

4 Likes

You’re right, coding ain’t a easy thing but for future or modders those NPC ideas might be useful
Who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont think it would be fitting for Unturned to have bots. If they would be combat related they would either be very bad or too strong.