NPC towns

More NPC towns should pop up, though. And yeah, that would be the main downside of robbing/raiding. But once you’ve got guns, weapons, and armour, that wouldn’t be a problem.

This all seems swell, but the whole idea is more MMORPG-like to me, and caters towards freelancers and alone players rather than being a big thing for groups of people. Sure, large groups could enjoy NPC towns and etc but idk. Sounds neat to me. I would definitely like to see NPC-based towns and or “player-made” towns. And the idea that there can only be one player-made town is great, because one group can basically control while others need to battle to take it down.

Perhaps when towns are sieged and taken by players and or zombies they become crumbled, and that town is no longer use-able until a new one is claimed and then becomes crumbled. Something like that

Though a problem that struck my mind is how pre-modern this revolves around. Stables for horses, etc. No vehicles, yet weapons and guns? Perhaps another shop idea is required.

I have an idea for the big settlements that have a ton of loot would be littered with machine gun nests hidden snipers and pillboxes. I’m saying large town’s with large populations and they would be full of money and high tier guns and ammo so super high risk super high reward. And for the npc currency you could use pre apocalypse money because many npcs wont know why they should just switch only to bartering while there is still paper money that would be worth that much in food and supplies. But they also have an option to barter for materials supplies and ammuniton.

1 Like

My suggestion is that the currency is trade power, that’s right, you did not read it wrong.
Every time you go to an NPC to sell your items, you gain an X value of trade power and with your trade power you can buy items from NPCs. You can also transfer this trade power to other players.
In addition, if the game has missions given by NPCs, among the rewards may know trade power.

yeah that would be great +1

Maybe there can be trade power but also a currency backed by food or water like the N.C.R in fallout new vegas.

I think this is a good Idea.
A currency would be stable if there was no way to increase the amount circulating, so using real money would be fine. I don’t think we’ll find survivors going out of their way to make money printing factories. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or making counterfit money.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

And maybe there could be a few npc trappers who live out in the middle of the woods who survive by hunting fishing and maybe some farming.

1 Like

Seems familiar, for some strange reason…

fallout 4 perhaps?

partially.

btw, I have to say this is the best post I have ever made (other than the darker nights ones)

Maybe hordes of zombies attack the town and NPCs defend it

yeah, I suggested that in the post.

:thinking:

Some things I would like to see from 2.0
This is the first post including darker nights on the forum, its not as long as yours but most things you added onto your post were common sense, so they are not to different, only exception is that this one came first.

I said it was my best posts, not the most original, not the best posts on the forum.

Edit. Man, I was wrong. I just looked back at those, and they look awful. T-T

Nah, it was a reference towards a comment of mine, explaining in detail how i see such locations and a couple of the aspects i covered in my comment are present here. It was a nudge at Aj, but he didn’t catch it.
But, i mean, he did say he’s taken inspiration from other posts and discussions to form this suggestion, which is a pretty good thing, so long as it gets developed further and Nelson H O P E F U L L Y adds it in UII.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.