Option to Add Pronouns to the Bio Section

Yeah I honestly don’t know either what someone’s hoodie being removed has to do with this conversation. Very different subject.

7 Likes

Came back from hybernation just to say you people seem suspiciously upset about a very optional and minimal addition.

I’m surprised how a topic titled “OPTION to Add Pronouns to the Bio Section” devolved into the counter argumenters resorting to trans-sexual slurs and claiming neo nazi support.

As Rain has proved, this doesn’t even have an exclusive relation to “transgenderism politics” (idk how to phrase this better, sorry) - It can also help commenters not mistakingly call you a he when you’re a she, which I reckon will be the most common situation given the sex demographics.

TLDR: Can we bring back the 2018 community, some of the current active posters need to go touch this more often
EDIT: Alternatively, play F-Zero GX, same effect

21 Likes

Yeah this is one of the most pointless arguments i’ve seen here lmao, like it’s not even a big deal why are you all bringing transgenderism politics here

edit: also close this thread when, it’s clearly shown to not be productive after a 9 hour lock and people still keep attacking each other over a small suggestion like this

4 Likes

I mean you can put the pronoun beside your name

1 Like

Yeah, it is kinda concerning that people are so vocally against such a suggestion. Why?? It’s not hurting anybody.

8 Likes

Average pronouns option hater and non F-Zero GX player

Average pronouns option respecter and F-Zero GX player

9 Likes

Just would like to point out my post agreeing with the idea got no likes from anybody and it seems it’s just a circlejerk of a see-saw argument. You guys are just liking each other’s posts mindlessly lol

1 Like

I liked it originally, but didn’t see the bit that said it would make no difference. To me it would make a world of difference, so I unliked it. I do thank you for agreeing to add it though.

1 Like

It would obviously be nice if moderators took action on obvious transphobia, but the only suggestion I actually made was for a slot for pronouns. If somebody wanted to abuse that system to make the same attack helicopter joke for the 9,000,000th time, then be my guest. I would recommend they take at least one class on comedy first though.

1 Like

Personally it’s not necessary but if people wanted/don’t mind it and it’s optional, sure why not. I can’t fathom people who feel violated by its existence.

I was wondering if such a thing would be possible to implement but I just remembered about custom titles.

(Originally ‘Leader’ status but just demonstrating)

If I go along the initial ideas, it will simply be shown after the user title if it exists.

If people abusing it would be a problem then it can easily be solved by a drop-down menu with pre-made options (e.g. Blank, He/Him, She/Her, They/Them).

13 Likes

This seems like a really effective solution that satisfies all parties! I support this.

8 Likes

so now that we have an agreement on what could be done, how about we all sit down and play some F-Zero GX?

1 Like

neighbor/word

1 Like

ill play r6

man y’know what I came here to find some help for modding stuff but this thread is a ride. it’s fine to not want this or that but man, some of y’all will take any opportunity to turn your face and rear-end into a continuous ouroboros-loop.

it’s not that deep, a’ight? it’d be helpful, it’d save people some stress, and it’d be optional. if you have anything against that, i’d need a lot more than rightist conspiratorial nonsense to consider you worth listening to.

nobody’s asking for more than a utility to make their lives a little easier.
pull it together folks those gamecube controllers are getting cold

11 Likes

I think a 2.2.5 server would help

3 Likes

Who wanna host a 2.2.5 server to solve this problem? (I can’t lol)

1 Like

pronouns
To bring an extremely overdue conclusion to this thread, the pronoun option appears to have been quietly added to the bio- as of such, I am posting this here to bring awareness to this change. If you click on my profile, you can see a simple example of this in action: it appears as a small line of text above my badges.

9 Likes

As per above, it was added overnight during a forum update (update post pending while something else takes a bit to get verified). Closing post

4 Likes