Option to Add Pronouns to the Bio Section

bro what are you on

1 Like

me? people on other platforms use she/her pronouns with me because they donā€™t know any better lmao

2 Likes

Your pfp has a feminine appeal to it
You also just strike me as a feminine person

1 Like

because Iā€™m based

trans rain when

5 Likes

yet again illuminating us on why exactly pronouns are necessary
in case you hadnt gotten it yet, pronouns are necessary to prevent assumptions like this

2 Likes

thank you rom

2 Likes

This is a really weird argument to make, since there is nothing preventing such a community member from joining the SDG Forum in the future. That, and I am aware of past active community members who were either trans, or just had preferred pronouns.

Generally speaking, any website that offers a specific ā€œgenderā€ section is doing so for data collection. SDG doesnā€™t have a reason to collect such data, hence why this field doesnā€™t already exist. I have actually been considering the removal of some of the current custom fields (Wiki / Twitter / Steam) in favor of the dedicated bio section and, and something like OAuth2 for linking accounts.

Iā€™m not entirely convinced at this point that it warrants a dedicated field, but ideally people can keep discussing the suggestion for one.

6 Likes

Yeah sure why not

2 Likes

it literally costs nothing to not be an edgy 4chan user and yet here you are

19 Likes

Yet so far youā€™re the only one assuming that if there werenā€™t transgender users in the forum it would be because it isnā€™t a welcoming place for them.

3 Likes

mfw none of you are playing F-Zero GX

1 Like

Literally every trans person who was on the forum that i spoke to said that they left due to not being welcome

3 Likes

Did they ever try to bring attention to it though? Unless it was a long time ago, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen anybody complain that they donā€™t seem welcome here.

3 Likes

Privately, yes. Also thereā€™s this post. And my pride month post. Both of which seek to bring attention to ways to make lgbt people feel more welcome.

3 Likes

If you think the forum isnā€™t welcoming, then go play with the multiplayer servers, cause holy fuck do they not care about anyone

4 Likes

How about we stop talking about gender and sexes, go with sexes, or just use the reply, name, @ feature.

2 Likes

bro do you think that iā€™m sitting here thinking that the forums are the only unwelcoming place in the world

2 Likes

@Panda3d I do that literally all the time. Iā€™m just hoping that the SDGForums doesnā€™t end up as a burning dumpster fire such as twitter or even worse (NeoGAF & ResetEra which are absolute dog shit web forums)

2 Likes

If its really so important that people know you pronouns just put them next to your display name. Come on man.

1 Like

yes that is exactly what I am suggesting

2 Likes