Organ-specific damage

“Organ-specific damage: nobody is intentionally aiming for your lungs, so it comes down to random bad luck that you suddenly can’t breath.”
It’s all well and good if Nelson doesn’t want to include organ-specific damage for players, but for animals, it could make much more sense. Nobody is aiming for a person’s lungs, but plenty of people aim for deer’s hearts. I’m not suggesting that every organ, and the effects of its failure needs to be included, just that projectile should be able to penetrate or perforate animals, and that animals should have an internal “heart” hitbox, (though it would be bigger than the actual heart, since a bullet simply passing near a major vein or artery, can produce the same effect,) which would offer a similar damage multiplier as a headshot would, allowing for clean, humane, efficient, one shot kills.

7 Likes

Agreed.

One of the main things in hunting is aiming for organs to get a clean kill.

The only potential problem I could see with this is that people would be confused about why players don’t have organs.

4 Likes

I could go for heart shots to be a thing. Smaller hitbox in the center of the upper torso (your heart is on the left side, but it’s pretty close to the middle that it’s not that big of a deal)

But for game to have a heart to aim for would be nice. You can’t really mount a deer head if you blasted it’s skull.

In unturned, all of the important organs are located in the head.

Tell me, when is the last the you see someone eating with their torso? I think not. /s

In all seriousness tho, sure.

1 Like

Add this and a shoot in the mid of legs go kill your person of pain!!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.