Progression Barriers

You dont though, zombies are basic, melee and arent supposed to be real people.

No, you talking about how they see, plus wouldnā€™t they wander around, hmmā€¦ How about the hordes at night time? They would have to group together and move together, without splitting off. Or how about being able to escape them, or hiding in the bushes.

Essentially, zombies are people as well, but dumber, (sometimes slower), but usually have much better smell (and occasionally eyesight) or other mutations.

I shall begone now.

Turned are allowed to be weakish because the wont drop food, clothes, weapons and ammo when you kill them.

As for sight, it makes sense for turned to have bad senses, because they are corpses, and it wouldntmake for fun gameplay of every zombie knew your position and walked towards you. Just like it wouldnt make fun gameplay to be sniped by AI from 500m out. Dont try to compare bandit ai and turned, one is trying to be a human, the other is an alien extra dimensional thing.

Actually not all types of zombies people have made up are dead. Actually quite a few zombies and stories are dead anymore.

Also, dont forget that the zombies in 4 will have a ā€œdark organic lookā€, so it sounds like they WILL be mutated, and for something to mutate, it still needs to be alive. If something is dead and it mutates, itā€™s some other creature, not the dead thing itself. Okay?

Can we stop derailing every thread that anyone doesnā€™t describe turned exactly the way you like? Theyā€™re functionally the same as zombies or the undead or the infected or mutants or whatever and he even acknowledged that they could include weird extra dimensional things.

Us know, I just realised something, you all get so angry at people when they assume something will be a certain way in-game, but then you guys assume how a whole bunch of things will be if they are added, no matter how dumb that assumption is.

Like really, how likely is OT that some random guy will start shooting at someone thatā€™s super far away without knowing how dangerous they are. Even in the apocalypse. The people who would do that would probably die off fast, as they take shots at people who know how to shoot back.

Also, I think people in military bases wouldnā€™t waste ammo unless something was attacking them. Like really think about it, you guys are only thinking of AI from random games that are terrible. What I said about sightlines is when you are specifically inside their base. They may keep an eye on you if your outside, but they obviously wouldnt open fire the second they see you.

ā€œRealisticā€ bullet drop is confirmed, so im not assuming anything in that department, and I seriously doubt sniping and kos is not going to exist in 4.0, and if AI drop loot, then you would want to snipe them to get the loot. And if normal people are doing this and sniping real people, and bandits are supposed to be fake real people that KOS how do you balance that?

The last part isnt very unrelated but if military bases are the place to raid to get the best loot, which redcomm said and you seem to agree withthen they would be unavoidable, which means eventually you would be getting shot at by military npc people.

Remember the military bases we were talking about are ones where the military managed to hold out? Yeah, those ones.
Also, bots are supposed to mimic people from real life, not salty little kids.

You still are acting like 4 will basically be 3 but with better graphics. How likely are you to be able to find a sniper rifle and them waste bullets taking out a few guys who have others who will attack you on first sight afterwards.

AUGH, heā€™s another explanation. In the apocalypse, would you rather spend the next to no bullets you have raiding some military outpost which you donā€™t even know if they have good loot, or would you rather defend yourself from other players.

If you still think of them as walking loot, Iā€™m going to flip.

I dont understand your logic here

You dont want ai bandits to use guns now? Or do you not want to be able to loot bandits? How are they supposed to attack you if they dont have guns?? Do you want all bandits to be melee now?? Do you not want bandits to roam about?

Also if you think the playerbase is going to completley change it probably wont the same ip is going to attract the same people.

I dont really know what you are trying to get at with the ammo problem, as if it takes 5 bullets to kill someone they probably hsve more than 5 bullets on them.

I dont think of them as walking loot, but if they are too easy to kill then they are walking loot.

FFS, I was talking about the militaryā€¦ Not the fing bandits.

Like for crying out loud, look at what youā€™re saying and think about it. You say itā€™s likely they have ammo on them? Thatā€™s what kosers think when they get a minigun and gun down the entire server, or raid every base. We are trying to PUNISH players for shooting everything in sight, not give them more incentive to do so! If you give players the option to think of these as only a way to get loot, they WILL.
Iā€™m trying to make players think twice before shooting everything they see. They see a bandit, or player or whatever, and make them wonder if thereā€™s more nearby. Punish them for shooting something random, and then walking up trying to loot it. Make it so others stay nearby but out of sight, so that the second the person tries to loot the corpseā€¦

You do think of them as walking loot boxes, you proved that by saying you kill them just to get a little extra ammo they might have.

I know Iā€™m not making sense anymore, but the reason me and other people want bandits is to encourage teamwork, not make it so people work together even less.

Iā€™m done with my rant about everything related to enemy npcs. Have a good day

For fuckā€™s sake, what have I started?
Alright, Iā€™m going to make a post soon on NPC AI soon.

no they have not

@RedCo 1540315562501627779743

3 Likes

Its on the trello.

Im on mobile so I dont know how to quote aj but this is way too opinionated to actually be discussed.

Screenshot_2

Yes it is on his trello wishlist but that does not make it official

Its on the roadmap, which is the official progress roadmap.

2 Likes

Highlight the text. Then you can quote.

Stat variation canā€™t work on multiplayer, since everyone might be at a different level.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.